Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

I just knocked over the inkwell as i was inking.My inkwell is one of those mini glass jamjars with a lid that you get in hotels.I have been so careful about avoiding this happening and i always replace the lid when its not being used as well but sooner or later the worst is always going to happen.This was the wrong choice because inkwells always have very thick heavy bases so they cant be knocked over.

Luckily the ink itself had thickened a bit so it was semi-viscious as its shellac based so it didnt spill everywhere and stayed in a pool which is the only thing that stopped the incident from being a fucking catastrophe.It missed my work i was inking as well.

The worst thing is that my workstation/computer desk is antique stripped pine and the ink has soaked into the grain of the wood and permanently stained it unless its sanded right down and worse than that this desk is a rare piece of furniture as its half of an early 19th cent Campaign Chest

Fucking Arseholes

>:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

SmallBlueThing

Well, i watched my 'freebie copy' of The Horde... and it was bollocks.
The usual mix of hideous actors (are there NO attractive actors in france?) a lousy script written to include as much macho posturing as possible, with "fuck you, badass!" dialogue that reduced the wife and i to fits of giggles repeatedly. It's dated, not particularly gory (unless you are impressed by blood squibs and pathetic gunshot sequences), is all set in a tower block, while all the really interesting stuff is outside and you never see it (sound familiar?) and as a result looks cheap.
One assumes it's got a rep simply because it's french. Well, it's fuck-awful, even from the point of view of a zombie-zombie like me.
And that, is a minor impediment today, because the movie was free, so it doesnt really matter one jot!
SBT

Keef Monkey

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 21 September, 2010, 08:24:04 AM
Well, i watched my 'freebie copy' of The Horde... and it was bollocks.
The usual mix of hideous actors (are there NO attractive actors in france?) a lousy script written to include as much macho posturing as possible, with "fuck you, badass!" dialogue that reduced the wife and i to fits of giggles repeatedly. It's dated, not particularly gory (unless you are impressed by blood squibs and pathetic gunshot sequences), is all set in a tower block, while all the really interesting stuff is outside and you never see it (sound familiar?) and as a result looks cheap.
One assumes it's got a rep simply because it's french. Well, it's fuck-awful, even from the point of view of a zombie-zombie like me.
And that, is a minor impediment today, because the movie was free, so it doesnt really matter one jot!
SBT

Saw this in the shop recently, and thought the the title and cover art was a really cynical attempt to tap into the Left 4 Dead audience. Then again, I might just be being cynical.

Mikey

Rcntly I'v fnd tht whn I typ I bgnnng t lv t vwls, s t nds p lk smthng frm EXTNCT. 

It's a pain in the arse!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Rog69

Yet again I got kicked in the balls by my four year old daughter.

I've probably posted the very same thing in this thread before, it strikes me as something I would do as it's not the first time it's happened.

To be fair, it was an accident and I was chasing her around with a blanket stretched over my outstretched arms, pretending to be Mothra at the time. I have since explained to her that Mothra is female and can't be stopped in this way, unlike daddy.

There's probably a funny mothballs related comment to be made from all this but I'm tired and my balls hurt so I can't concentrate on it right now.

Mikey

That happened to a friend of mine Rog - he ended up having to have surgery to untangle his knackers!  :o

M.

mogzilla

mini mog got all upset today when we dropped her at school,very clingy and feels "alone" we felt like a pair of shits leaving her and dont know why she suddenly has a dislike when her first year was the bestest thing ever. :(

Peter Wolf

Clipper lighters.

Complete Shite.Why design and manufacture a product that is inherently defective ?
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

In the latest round of drama and misfortune that is my girlfriend's family, her dad has been admitted to hospital with - and I admit I'm a bit hazy on the details here - a nasty case of exploded bollocks.

Apparently he had some sort of cyst or abcess, which was causing him a lot of discomfort when sitting down. He did visit his GP over it, but the GP just prescribed antibiotics without actually examining him. I mean, I wouldn't want to look at his scrotum either, but y'know, that's just something a GP has to put up with occasionally. The antibiotics were too little too late and in the early hours of Sunday morning, his spuds let loose the build up of whatever the hell was in there. I'm told the smell was unearthly.

I know, but I'm getting all this passed from her mum, via her, so any fine detail or actual medical terminology went out the window a couple of iterations ago.

Obviously I'm quite concerned for my girlfriend, as she's still getting over the death of her brother earlier in the year but, on the other hand, a guy I don't like very much and who has made life quite unpleasant for my girlfriend ever since I've known her has just had his knackers burst, so it kind of evens itself out.

Am I a bad person?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

You have enlivened our afternoons with the gift of laughter.

You are not a bad person.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mikey

Well Noisy, you don't have to like everyone and occasionally it does ye good to laugh at others misfortune.

But yes. You're a bad person. But I like it!

M.

Roger Godpleton

I farted on my hand, but I forget which hand and I need to apply Vaseline to my lips.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dandontdare

Richmond Clements