Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

No, it's Wednesday. And we all know what Wednesday Night is, don't we?

Yap Shop!

Get yer asses in here!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Frigging alarm has gone off AGAIN from the church across the road and quite honestly i am sick of it as they never seem to fix it.

Plan A : Play some loud music to block out the sound as it usually goes on for about 20 minutes.

Plan B : If it persists and persists and doesnt stop i will silence it myself.

Its always when its quiet and i am trying to concentrate on something.

Lucky i am not feeling irritable or Plan B would be Plan A
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Documentary about Edgar Allan Poe on BBC4, but I can't concentrate on what the experts are saying, much less the reading aloud from his work, because of the intrusive background music. When someone is reading aloud from Morella or Ligeia, how can it possibly help to be playing The Cure, Schubert or Portishead over it? Daft.
STRIKE !!!

Van Dom

So we went to the shops last night. After a bit of dinner in KFC (the good old boneless bargain bucket, yum!) we were loading the kids into the car in the car park and tidying away the buggy. This lady in a 4x4 roars in and turns into the aisle opposite where we are parked. She pulls into the parking space ahead of and adjacent to our car. Hops out and legs it into the shops, in a major hurry like. Grand, whatever. Next thing,as I am putting the buggy in the back, I hear my daughter inside the car scream, and look up to see the 4x4 coming straight for us!!! Fecking car was left in gear and the handbrake wasnt engaged,and as we were on a slight slope....whammo, right into the side of my car!!! Of course, the carpark security attendant wasn't much use, a bit of a Nick Frost lookalike who just thought it was hilarious. The shopping centre intercom was broken so we couldnt page the driver of the car and had to just sit there and wait for her to come out. The flippin guards were all too busy chasing (on foot)some young lads who had just robbed a pub in the next town so we had to wait for them to come as well! Ended up sitting there for nearly an hour before both the other car owner and the guards showed up!!!  And I've got a dirty great dent in the side of my car.

But...

you have to look on the bright side.

Our kids were all in the car when it happened, not standing around outside when it happened. How easily one of them could have been standing right there at the door where the other vehicle rammed into. Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary.

And from the other driver's perspective, (who was very shocked and apologetic when she eventually did show up) it may cost her her no claims bonus on her insurance but she is DAMN lucky my car was there to stop hers...after mine, there was nothing else there but a slope right to the back concrete wall a good twenty yards off...a car that size building up a bit of speed as it rolled down that hill and it would have been some nice mess I can tell you!!

A minor impediment indeed. But at least we'll get to drive around in a nice swank replacement car for a few days while ours gets fixed!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

I, Cosh

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 October, 2010, 09:53:47 PM
When someone is reading aloud from Morella or Ligeia, how can it possibly help to be playing The Cure, Schubert or Portishead over it? Daft.
I think it's the same logic which dictates that a jobbing actor in a badly lit room and a tricorne hat scratching away with a quill helps you appreciate Shakespeare's creative process or the principles behind the Declaration of Arbroath.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 October, 2010, 09:48:11 PM
I think it's the same logic which dictates that a jobbing actor in a badly lit room and a tricorne hat scratching away with a quill helps you appreciate Shakespeare's creative process

I think tricorne hats and Shakespeare in the same breath is a surefire recipe for pointing at the TV like you're acting out the ending of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, but I take your point.
:lol:

For anyone who thinks that's a spoiler for Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1978), yes, there is pointing involved.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

I went in the bath after my dad to save water. There were numerous bits of lint in the water. I trapped one of the bits of lint under my right index finger. There seemed to be something more to this piece. I was able to squish this piece. I discovered that it was being held together with fecal matter.

It was bumfluff.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Oh. God.  :o

and I keep saying, with the Tories back in and the cuts and everything, it's 1979 again. That people are sharing bathwater just confirms it.
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

It's the first thing that crossed my mind too

well actually "eeeeuuuuuaaargghhhhh!!" was the first thing...

COMMANDO FORCES

Roger, what did your mom say, I presume that she was in the bath with you!

Roger Godpleton

It was only a tiny piece. Hence why this is a "minor impediment".

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!