Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

spammers jamming up the board.
do they really think flooding a board with nosensical posts with a link on the bottom is actually goiung to get them any extra clicks on their poxy friggen sites.
F$#K OFF.  prom dresses thats really what we'd be looking for on this site, i'd understand if it was something us nerdy types would buy (you know Hot Russian girlfriends or some such) but Prom Dresses come-on.

CU Radbacker

Banners

22 changes, amendments and corrections for an A5 leaflet design. Can you tell this one is being run by a committee...(!) Example...

a) get rid of the office number

b) leave the office number

Grrr...

Colin Zeal

Tickets for the Carter USM gig later this went on sale today. Sadly I am too skint to buy any at present.

Noisybast

Got hit with an unexpected £104 council tax bill in the same week I received a £124 income tax rebate. Pissflaps.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

SmallBlueThing

To make eldest son happy, i went into whs to buy pokemon cards. £3.99 per pack! starter set £11.99! i remember when cards were 25p for six AND you got gum with them, AND if you were really lucky c3po had a metal cock.
SBT

JOE SOAP

Ooh, Master luke...

He's such a whore, he'll sell anything between his legs.

Kerrin

The boss has announced that there will be four redundancies out of a work force of eighteen. Cue rabid backstabbing and suddenly discovered work related injuries.  ::)

And the people doing this? The four who've taken the piss for years and know their time is up. What an amazing coincidence. Quite amusing but at the same time a pain in the arse, I'll be glad when it's all done with.

I'll be fine, 'cause I'm awesome.  :D

House of Usher

My house has been invaded by a mouse.  :(

I'm 90% certain it's just the one, and fairly certain it's not a pregnant female. Grrr, hassle.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

Quote from: House of Usher on 17 February, 2011, 07:12:52 PM
My house has been invaded by a mouse.  :(

I'm 90% certain it's just the one, and fairly certain it's not a pregnant female. Grrr, hassle.

I also had a mousey vist recently. The bastard chewed the corner off every single stock cube in the box. If it's just finished ONE before unwrapping the next, I wouldn't have minded much!

Mardroid

I actually like mice!

Not that I'm offering to provide alternate lodgings. I don't think my Dad's wife would appreciate that.

House of Usher

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 February, 2011, 07:21:56 PM
I also had a mousey vist recently. The bastard chewed the corner off every single stock cube in the box.

If you're lucky it will die of hypertension or kidney failure before you have to poison it!
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

I'm in the office so dare not open the 'underware' thread.

Tiplodocus

Similarly for me. And the News and Weather Presenter thread.

I remember teh Great Mouse War of the Millenium in our house.  You could hear the little sods running up and down the walls there so many of them.   I kept using humane mouse traps (got rid of 14 mice over ten day period) and eventually had to give in and use poison when they started crawling and eating stuff in Tiny Tips cupboard under the stairs crib. Tough decision for a vegetarian.

I have since discovered that you need to take them at least FIVE miles away from your house (not just down the hill and across the burn) to stop the little fekkers coming back.  So I may have taken the same mouse out 14 times.  Oh and use peanut butter in the traps; it's harder for them to pick up and walk off with.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Banners

Answerphone messages that just say "please give me a call". What is the point?

satchmo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 18 February, 2011, 12:49:31 PM
Similarly for me. And the News and Weather Presenter thread.

I remember teh Great Mouse War of the Millenium in our house.  You could hear the little sods running up and down the walls there so many of them.   I kept using humane mouse traps (got rid of 14 mice over ten day period) and eventually had to give in and use poison when they started crawling and eating stuff in Tiny Tips cupboard under the stairs crib. Tough decision for a vegetarian.

I have since discovered that you need to take them at least FIVE miles away from your house (not just down the hill and across the burn) to stop the little fekkers coming back.  So I may have taken the same mouse out 14 times.  Oh and use peanut butter in the traps; it's harder for them to pick up and walk off with.

FIVE MILES?! Jebus, I was only taking them down the allotments during my own Mouse-o-geddon years ago. I was ejecting the same ones again and again by the sound of that. Mouse infestation isn't much fun. And I'm afraid if you see one, there's very probably a lot more.