Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Rog69 on 26 May, 2011, 09:54:54 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 25 May, 2011, 08:32:00 PMI dont quite get why anyone would want to laugh and point at that.  :-\

They just happened to be our village's allocation of idiot chavs who were passing at the time.

Enough said  ::) but they are kids which means you have to make allowances to a certain extent which i didnt think of before.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Michaelvk

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 25 May, 2011, 06:35:05 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 25 May, 2011, 03:42:52 PM
I'm inches away from taking a baseball bat to a client for not paying (since january).. I'm getting very tempted to round up some blokes from the shady side of my circle of friends and pay them a visit.. Disgusting how artists are treated.. Do they assume we all have a rich parent that covers our rent?

Have you been ignored by your client so far ? if so then your client is very stupid and is asking for it.

I know exactly how you feel being self employed and its something i dont tolerate as its simply theft.If presumably there is no reason not to pay except for the clients deviousness then it makes me see red and i struggle to understand how anyone can actually deliberately not pay who they have hired to work for them and live with themselves as its all about trust and betrayel of but unfortunately it takes all sorts in life.

It involves reading the client to see if you think its likely that they will try to rip you off as they can give themselves away sometimes what their intentions are.

Its worth trying out the Small Claims Court or whatever the alternative to that is in SA if there is one as its very likely that if you are in the clear and you have it all on paper that the court will rule in your favor.

Violence and threats of violence should always be an absolute last resort though but if it came to it and i was ripped off for thousands in unpaid invoices then i would find some way to fuck them up while not incriminating myself as they are not worth getting into a spot of bother over.If you have no choice then if you can leave it for 6 months to year then it gives the bad payer a false sense of security which means when they are done over they are much less likely to associate it with yourself.

Be careful and be clever about it as these types will run to the police.

However tempted, I'm not daft enough to actually do anything silly.. Regardless that I know of a perfect way to get rid of bodies here (we have sharks.. Massive, massive sharks..)..

These cnuts are notorious bad payers.. They will absolutely take every opportunity to shaft you. They're an ad agency after all..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Peter Wolf

You have to feed them live to the Great Whites  :D

I got a bit carried away there as i have had the same problem very recently and i finally called them up this evening and exactly what i expected to happen happened as in the response i got but i wont bore anyone with it apart from  to say i left the most difficult part of the job unfinished and 2 weeks later its still not finished  :lol:

Hope you get things sorted though.

vzzbux

Why is it when you point things out to women its your fault.

When I was a house husband we never ran out of the basics. But since my wife took over the reigns we do tend to run low on Milk, Marge/Butter and Bread (not on a regular basis but enough to annoy me). I have just tried to make myself some cheese sarnies but we have no Marge at all so I am munching on dry bread and cheese. We are low on milk so I will have to forfeit my cereal in the morning so the kiddies can have theirs. When I ever mention this she just moans and shouts that I don't do enough round the house and tries to turn the discussion at me.

Just fucking annoys me that's all.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mogzilla

Quote from: vzzbux on 26 May, 2011, 10:26:44 PM
Why is it when you point things out to women its your fault.

When I was a house husband we never ran out of the basics. But since my wife took over the reigns we do tend to run low on Milk, Marge/Butter and Bread (not on a regular basis but enough to annoy me). I have just tried to make myself some cheese sarnies but we have no Marge at all so I am munching on dry bread and cheese. We are low on milk so I will have to forfeit my cereal in the morning so the kiddies can have theirs. When I ever mention this she just moans and shouts that I don't do enough round the house and tries to turn the discussion at me.

Just fucking annoys me that's all.

V

heard that one! also, when i bottom the house its "not as good as i do it"

Michaelvk

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 26 May, 2011, 10:16:11 PM
You have to feed them live to the Great Whites  :D

I was thinking semi conscious, but live would be more fun..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Something Fishy

The wifes Dad has had to go into hospital with breathing problems.

It's more of a worry as he's 83 and been pretty ill a few years back with cancer.

Weekend plans of course all off (quite rightly).

Hoping all is ok, my Dad's already gone so we certainly don't want to lose him too.

Something Fishy

Better news on the father in law.  Seems nothing too serious at the mo so just being checked over, rested and pumped with drugs.

Mikey

Nice one Fishy! Having the uncertainty of hospital visits for older rellies is crap. You never know if 'this is it'. Anyway, glad it was a false alarm.

Quote from: mogzilla on 26 May, 2011, 10:32:32 PM
also, when i bottom the house its "not as good as i do it"

Maybe I'm missing something, but you do what to the house? How?! [spoiler](via the tradesman's entrance I presume!)[/spoiler] And your wife is better at it? Hoookayy...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dandontdare

It's a northern thing - it means clean the house top to bottom. I remember being puzzled as a child when my gran said someone's house needed a good bottoming!

TordelBack

I shall be suggesting this to the wife of my bosom tonight.  "Wife", I'll say, "the time has come for a good bottoming.  All the online comics nerds are doing it these days".

mogzilla

ee by bgum ;)

i thought everyone knew what that was, the nort south divide eh?tsk

and yes,chips and gravy....which after typing i now want...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It took an hour and a half to get home from work. Thanks very much dissidents, can't wait to wake up in a united Ireland tomorrow
You may quote me on that.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: mogzilla on 27 May, 2011, 06:21:37 PM
ee by bgum ;)

i thought everyone knew what that was, the nort south divide eh?tsk

and yes,chips and gravy....which after typing i now want...

I always thought it was EE BA GUM and it was funny because backwards its Mugabe.

Something Fishy

Quote from: Mikey on 27 May, 2011, 11:43:08 AM
Nice one Fishy! Having the uncertainty of hospital visits for older rellies is crap. You never know if 'this is it'. Anyway, glad it was a false alarm.

Quote from: mogzilla on 26 May, 2011, 10:32:32 PM
also, when i bottom the house its "not as good as i do it"

Maybe I'm missing something, but you do what to the house? How?! [spoiler](via the tradesman's entrance I presume!)[/spoiler] And your wife is better at it? Hoookayy...

M.

Thanks Mikey.  Yep spot on there, that's the worry you have that's not there normally for younger folk.