Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

So why is it that people become so agitated whenever you discuss eating their pets & children?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Noisybast

My girlfriend bought me a couple of concert tickets for a gig in Manchester tonight. As per fucking usual, my mates have let me down and I'm standing in a queue on my own, refusing to sell the spare to the touts. Arsebiscuits.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Noisybast on 28 October, 2011, 07:27:05 PM
refusing to sell the spare to the touts. Arsebiscuits.

Why? unless there's a hot ticketless girl in the queue, you may as well score some beer money for the gig!

Noisybast

They weren't offering enough to cover the cost of a pint. Told 'em to stick their two quid where the sun don't shine.

In other news, the PA's gone tits up now, so I'll be lucky to see much of Black Spiders this evening. Pissflaps.

Dandontdare

Two quid? I always wondered what those hordes of vultures offered but that's taking the piss.

I just googled/youtubed black spiders in the hope of making some sarcastic comment about you being lucky, but they're actually not half bad!

Noisybast

Well, they managed to get through three songs in what time they had left. Good stuff, but their support slot was knackered by technical issues. The band looked even more pissed off about it than me. I just hope the headline band are worth watching. Can't say I've ever heard of Volbeat...

Noisybast

In a not entirely shocking twist, Volbeat turned out to be a bit shit. I literally cannot remember the last time I walked out of a gig before the end. Still, I snagged a couple of Black Spiders CDs to listen to on the way home, so there's that, I guess...

Tiplodocus

Slept in.

Road to Tae Kwon Do closed with NO diverson sign so had to find our wn way down country lanes past blokes with shotguns

Half hour wait for food at Morrisons.  Then the special offer on Quorn never rang through so 15 minutes waitng for custmer service to give us our extra quid off.

Big lorry spashes stone from puddle into our windscreen and chips it - crack is big enough that whol windscren needs replacing. (£75 excess).

Evidence that Teenage Tips is hotknifing in his bedroom.

Have to go to a Racenight that I can't really be arsed with.

And still got four fucking cats in the house!

Aaah - that feels better now that's all out in the open.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

von Boom

Called back into work for some bullshit meeting. I've a feeling someone's going to piss down my neck and tell me it's raining. Bollocks.

JvB

Roger Godpleton

Zooey and Ben have divorced. What hope is there for this world?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

James Stacey

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 01 November, 2011, 11:05:48 PM
Zooey and Ben have divorced. What hope is there for this world?
More hope for all the single men of the world

radiator

Every time I try and sell something on eBay I'm reminded what a time-consuming pain in the arse it is, swear to never use it again, then a few months down the line I've blocked out the previous experiences enough to try again.

Twats who email to tell me they can't afford to pay for the item they have successfully bidded on, meaning I have to relist and start the whole sorry process again (gradually chipping away at my eventual profit in the process), pricks from other countries who bid despite the item being clearly listed as 'UK Postage Only', people who don't pay for items promptly, meaning I have to wait until I can send it. Other pricks harassing you with aggressive 'WHERE IS MY ITEM?!?!' emails 24 hours after winning the bid....

AAARGH!

Have just beefed up my buyer preferences, hopefully that should block the majority of the morons.

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: radiator on 04 November, 2011, 12:09:25 PM
Every time I try and sell something on eBay I'm reminded what a time-consuming pain in the arse it is, swear to never use it again, then a few months down the line I've blocked out the previous experiences enough to try again.

Twats who email to tell me they can't afford to pay for the item they have successfully bidded on, meaning I have to relist and start the whole sorry process again (gradually chipping away at my eventual profit in the process), pricks from other countries who bid despite the item being clearly listed as 'UK Postage Only', people who don't pay for items promptly, meaning I have to wait until I can send it. Other pricks harassing you with aggressive 'WHERE IS MY ITEM?!?!' emails 24 hours after winning the bid....

AAARGH!

Have just beefed up my buyer preferences, hopefully that should block the majority of the morons.

You forgot the two main ones that completely stopped me from selling.
There is the "This item has been used, I thought it was new, i want my money back" email which I received after id posted the 'Original 1970s Action Man' (of course its been frickin used)

And the "This doesn't look like the item i bid on" from someone who bought a Steve Austin 6 Million Dollar Man. But they didn't say why.

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Mikey

I have been away on fieldwork for the last while. Well, the first 3 weeks of October actually, but the minor impediments were the Biblical flooding, ignorant feckin landowners and aggressive livestock meaning I didn't even reach half my proposed sample number.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

I popped up to the supermarket earlier to get two loaves of bread, £63 later I was home.

WTF  :o