Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

ah well i'm sure ill track a copy down.

merlin the maniacal puppy had his first jab today and did a nice sloppy poo in the kitchen which i trod in...

Roger Godpleton

Stupid solitaire won't let me join cards onto each other unless they're in play. THEY FIT AND THEY WANT TO BE TOGETHER BUT YOU WON'T DO THAT BECAUSE YOU ACT LIKE A MACHINE.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Cyberleader2000

arrrrrrrrrrrr a month ive been pl;aying dead rising 2 a whole fucking month im like 4 trophys away from geting a platinum ive put off 6 games in foavor of finishing it 100% and now I have to start again because i some how managed to corept my game ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Devons Daddy

My LEADER, has decided to have a one on one meeting, with me three hours before i leave for my first festive leave in 22 years!!! a time for joy and smiles, what can be gained by this, he is the negative type,whom cannot be satisfied unless you offer your first born son, whilst paying homage.

spend and hour, knocking me, telling me what i am doing wrong, and so forth, the normal style such meeting take with him :(. New year will represent the need to update the resume.

some facts you just to have to accept i guess.  >:(
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Rog69

My sister in law informed me today that she is bringing her faulty laptop for me to "have a quick look at" on Boxing day. I asked her if she could pop it over to me sooner so I didn't have to spend my Boxing day shovelling spyware and re-installing all of the security software that will have mysteriously disappeared since last time, but she's far too busy.

vzzbux

Give it a quick look, have a few deep tuts then say you will need to keep it a while to sort it out.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Banners

Michael Bublé's bloody Christmas CD is on in every shop, pub and restaurant I've been to in the last week - and now the other half has bought a copy. Argh!

Roger Godpleton

The closest album chart battle in US history was a couple of weeks ago between Buble and Nickelback.

Something Fishy

I had a rubbish end to the year at work before leave too DD.  Was due to be off for 15th wedding anniv on Wednesday then in Thursday for what was a half day shutdown for everyone.

Boss decides to send me a shitload of stuff late Tuesday, knowing a half day thursday was never enough.. so i drop my wednesday and come in to find he has pissed off on leave himself.

yes, i shall also be moving on again next year.  Actually i'm talking about going freelance and working with an old uni friend on his start-up that really needs someone to take on project co-ordination. I've been management too long to enjoy this code monkey business so I think i'll go for it.  Yes it's a risk but without any debts or mortgage i can afford to have the odd month with nothing and then other months that are bigger.

TordelBack

We set about making most of our pressies again, for all sorts of reasons, this year adding the kids to the mix.  This turns out to be a game changer.  Unlike adults, who dutifully accept that the vaguely crappy thing they are getting is a token into which one has put thought and time (although I have to say the wife's production line is turning out some truly beautiful stuff), kids' pressies need to be functional and (preferably) non-toxic. 

As a result, I am now approaching hour 40 of night-time labour on The Boy's present, a stackable modular base for his Clone Wars figures, and seem to have spent twice as much on materials as I would have spent on retail in a normal year, despite scrounging most of the wood from skips and  building sites.  I'm sure I'll feel great when this is done, but right now I'm completely sick of it.   

Something Fishy

HdE

I agree! That's a really thoughtful, fantastic present you're cooking up, there!

And how's this for a little morale booster:

I've been a chronic insomniac since childhood. Even when I was a wee littel sproglet, I could never get to sleep at nights. So, way back at the dawn of the 1980s, my fatehr, who was out of work at the time, spent a coupel of days making me a little cardboard contraption. It was basically an open ended box decked out inside to look like the cockpit of a super whizz-bang spaceship. The thinking was that I'd sit in that in bed and it would help me to relax into sleep.

It never worked, and never actually got used for its intended purpose more than once. Pretty sure my pa felt despondent about the time he'd put into it, as a result. But the point is, 30 years later, I still remember it, and I'm fortunate that I can have a laugh and fondly reminisce about it with the old man.

He's of the opinion that it was totally worth the effort, because it gave both of us a great memory, and something we can talk about happily in later life.

Pretty sure your efforts will be rewarded, Tordelback. One way or another.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Emperor

The sore throat I've had for a few days seems to be developing into a cold, I can feel my appetite and energy dropping so have quickly Lemsipped myself up. I am cooking Xmas dinner tomorrow and, while I've nearly finished tidying up so most of my work is done tonight (beyond some preparation and the construction of the salmon gateau), I can't really afford to be too below par as I'm going to be busy and there'll be lots to eat. I have had my annual flu jab (and the swine flu one last year) so it isn't going to be anything major, I just need to try and shunt it over into Boxing Day if possible.

Ah well, these things are sent to try annoy us.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

Albion

I spent an hour and a half building a radio controlled Meccano car only to find that when I put the batteries in it doesn't work.  :(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.