Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

First day of work, first cold of the year. Great.

Spikes

Thats a stinker alright. The previous two years ive got all the way through Christmas only to come down with summat when it was time to go back to work. And last years was a right bastard.
So was quite pleased when my xmas cold happened just as i was finishing work, and was pretty much gone by the 26th/27th.

Hope yours soon passes, SuperSurfer

Dandontdare

Me too! It's my birthday today, work is particularly shit and stressful today and I feel like death warmed up. Scratch that, I don't even feel warmed up. I'd be at home if I hadn't taken too many sick days last year!

I blame it on all that midnight germ-swapping on Monday night.

Trout

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 January, 2013, 04:03:24 PM
Me too! It's my birthday today, work is particularly shit and stressful today and I feel like death warmed up. Scratch that, I don't even feel warmed up. I'd be at home if I hadn't taken too many sick days last year!

Ah, happy birthday anyway. :-)

Dandontdare

Thank you. The day was somewhat improved by the nice bottle of Jura malt that my colleagues gave me from the obligatory team whip round. I'm home now so it's a hot toddy and an early night!

SuperSurfer

Thanks Judge Jack. At the moment it's just a regular cold but still a pain. Think I went a whole year without a bad cold or cough.

Hope you had a good birthday DDD.

vzzbux

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 January, 2013, 04:03:24 PM

I forget we share the same birthday. I also had a shitty birthday but mine kind of extended from before the new year and at the moment I am still feeling shit. At least I took the week off work though.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

Been sitting in all day, screwdrivers at the ready, waiting for all the bits to build a new PC. Fucking useless DPD couriers clearly aren't going to turn up now. No notification, no update of tracking status on their site. Wankstains.
We never really die.

Spikes

All good things must come to an end, i guess, as its back to work for me tomorrow,  :(

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yep, work for me tomorrow too and we've got to take down the decorations and pack them off for another year.  Misery Sunday :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Bolt-01

because I get to work and discover my flash drive is still in the home PC. That means no scripts being read today and I can't hassle a certain retail establishment for comics they have had for nearly 8 months and not yet paid as I can't provide the evidence I sorted yesterday. SharkBah!

Radbacker

I work in Air-conditioning, tis rather hot, tis also ridiculously busey.
Its 8pm and still 41 degrees (centigrade no idea what that is in the old out of date scale the US uses)down from a high of 45, gonna be a wonderful balmy 46 tommorow and the next day, been 40+ for about a week our hottest run of weather for several years.

CU Radbacker

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 January, 2013, 11:54:16 AM
because I get to work and discover my flash drive is still in the home PC. That means no scripts being read today and I can't hassle a certain retail establishment for comics they have had for nearly 8 months and not yet paid as I can't provide the evidence I sorted yesterday. SharkBah!

Ah! This explains the lack of emails this
Morning...!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Banners

Quote from: Bolt-01
because I get to work and discover my flash drive is still in the home PC.

Have you thought about using Dropbox or Skydrive et al?