Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

£22 for two tickets to Wreck-It Ralph last night! Blimey.

Mardroid

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 March, 2013, 11:23:02 AM
Not to go all Bradley Manning here, but I'm afraid all mine are of the catch-maul-release-wait-wait-chase-catch-maul-release-wait-wait-chase...

Heh. We used to have a sweet natured Perian/Tortoiseshell cross called Lizzie. Sweet natured except where small animals were concerned. She used to do the pounce release thing. She'd actually periodically look in a different direction too, like: "Hey look! My attention is elsewhere! I can't see you...." Mouse runs. POUNCE. Repeat, etc.

She'd have a go at our dog too. Mind you as a puppy he used to grab her by the head and pull her* around so it's understandable that she'd plant one on his nose. He learned to protect his nose by backing into her presenting his hind quarters as a shield before spinning round and making a lunge at her. Such a comical thing to see.

She was the dominant one out of that pair though, even when he grew to five times her size. It wasn't all aggression though they'd often share her bed and she'd clean him. Until he moved then the lick could turn into a nip... Little bully.

*It was play for his point of view and they never hurt each other badly.

mogzilla

my daughter's dog (see pets thread) has eaten some hubba bubba -the sugar filled kind one day something will kill him he once ate a tube of teething gel

Frank

Quote from: mogzilla on 07 March, 2013, 06:46:14 PM
my daughter's dog (see pets thread) has eaten some hubba bubba

Please tell me it blew a bubble out its arse.

Spikes

The old faithful rust bucket has conspired against me and failed on 5 points of its MOT. Bugger.

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 March, 2013, 11:08:56 AM
The old faithful rust bucket has conspired against me and failed on 5 points of its MOT. Bugger.

Crap news Iain...if only you hadn't spent all that car service cash on pieces of paper! ;)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The skin of my hard-boiled egg is stuck to the white, making it very difficult to peel off the shell, while maintaining the structural integrity of the tasty morsel inside.
You may quote me on that.

von Boom

Quote from: El Pops on 11 March, 2013, 01:58:33 PM
The skin of my hard-boiled egg is stuck to the white, making it very difficult to peel off the shell, while maintaining the structural integrity of the tasty morsel inside.

You need to plunge the egg into an ice bath for a minute as soon as you stop boiling it. This creates a layer of steam between the white 'skin' and the egg and should peel quite easily. ;)

mogzilla

went to get my back and sides trimmed ,and told the girl do not touch the top at all!!! or front however she finished the back then before i knew what ws happening cut two inches off the front !!! i asked her what she thought she was doing but got a blank look i'd been trying to grow my hair out on top for a while following a recent bout of stress and now look like ive been scalped i refused to pay and walked out the owner,a dodgy bloke with gol teeth followed me and tried to get me back in the shop to "sort " it out i refused telling him i had been butchered basically he then started threatening me!!! so i told him i'd call the police and i walked away to a string of abuse then found a proper barber who fixed the long bit at the back shed totally missed for free! i'll be using him next time (well, in a few weeks when my hair has grown back...)

TordelBack

Perfect clear night, tiniest 2-day old moon, went out to look for PanSTARRS.  Could I find it?  Could I feck - couldn't see a single star in Pisces, never mind a Magnitude 2 comet.  When I'm Dictator for Life I will ban street lights outright.

The Enigmatic Dr X

In so many ways, in so many things, I just feel thwarted.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2013, 08:09:25 PM
Perfect clear night, tiniest 2-day old moon, went out to look for PanSTARRS.  Could I find it?  Could I feck - couldn't see a single star in Pisces, never mind a Magnitude 2 comet.  When I'm Dictator for Life I will ban street lights outright.
This. Seriously, a good black out is what we need. As soon as people realise how beautiful the night sky can be maybe we'll all actualy agree on something for once.  ::)

Albion

Mrs Albion went home at lunchtime and there was a letter for her saying that Churchill Insurance wanted £4300 within the next 14 days or they would take court action against her.

She was in an accident 9 months ago. The other car was insured by Churchill, we are not.
Churchill say that they haven't received the money from our insurer so they sent this letter to us. Arseholes.

I called our insurer, I'm the policy holder, Mrs Albion is a named driver. They say they are disputing some costs that Churchill want but it's nothing to do with us and they will handle it. Churchill are just trying it on and it's a load of hot air apparently.

Not happy about them causing us stress and worry over something that is between them and not us.   >:(
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Albion on 14 March, 2013, 08:36:44 PM
Mrs Albion went home at lunchtime and there was a letter for her saying that Churchill Insurance wanted £4300 within the next 14 days or they would take court action against her.

She was in an accident 9 months ago. The other car was insured by Churchill, we are not.
Churchill say that they haven't received the money from our insurer so they sent this letter to us. Arseholes.

I called our insurer, I'm the policy holder, Mrs Albion is a named driver. They say they are disputing some costs that Churchill want but it's nothing to do with us and they will handle it. Churchill are just trying it on and it's a load of hot air apparently.

Not happy about them causing us stress and worry over something that is between them and not us.   >:(

Complain to the Insurance Ombudsman.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-insurance.html
Lock up your spoons!

Albion

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 14 March, 2013, 08:54:18 PM
Complain to the Insurance Ombudsman.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-insurance.html

I've just been looking into it and may well do so very soon. Churchill claimed it was a standard letter to get us to contact our insurer. If they have a problem why don't they sort it out instead of dragging us in to do their work? Fools.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.