Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Ah, I see. I must have misunderstood.

And this is very much not like the third world.

Mardroid

I remember holidaying in Vancouver (well a town outside to be precise) years ago.... * and trekking to a bunch of lockers on a street corner with our friends to collect their mail. A very well to do middle class area it was too.

*over 20 years come to think if. My, and does time fly.... and to think I'll be pushing 60 in another 20 years. That's scary.

Mattofthespurs

I have chicken pox  :(
For the second time in my life.
Feel like poo.

Theblazeuk

Well on the positive side, you are a genetic anomaly! You are part of an extremely rare subset of humans who are *lucky* enough to get chicken pox more than once. You are 8 times more special than the rest of us.

Hopefully you have gone to a doctor.

Dandontdare

you should go around deliberately infecting people you don't like, purely so that you'll have the opportunity to say "A pox on you, sir!"

Mattofthespurs

Lol, thanks for that!
I have gone to a doctor. Was the shortest visit I've ever had.
Basically summed up to; "I'm really sorry. It's worse in adults. There is nothing I can do."

It's the spots inside my mouth that are annoying me most.

Ho-hum. On the plus side the beard is now coming along nicely (didn't shave for 5 days before and now won't be able to for a week or two...The Wife hates beards  ;))

mogzilla

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 15 April, 2014, 07:14:10 AM
I have chicken pox  :(
For the second time in my life.
Feel like poo.

lightweight! my daughters had it four times before she was 8! ;)
aqueous cream did the trick non of that calamine rubbish.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Theblazeuk

Apparently antivirals work but only in the early stages.

TordelBack

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 16 April, 2014, 10:16:06 AM
Apparently antivirals work but only in the early stages.

I think we should probably move directly to burning the bodies, just to be sure.

Chicken pox is a bloody pain, Matt, my sympathies.  Why we don't have a vaccination programme (like Oz does) I don't understand.

Mattofthespurs

Thanks Tordel.
Absolutely covered in the damn things now. Unfortunately my scalp and face are covered too.
Itching like mad, it's making even the most mundane of tasks a real struggle.

Could be worse, I suppose. Could have a nasty disease that could kill me. A week from now and I should be feeling back to where I was before...Just going to be a long week.

SmallBlueThing

I had chicken pox exactly 21 years ago, in the Easter holidays of my first year at uni. It was two weeks of absolute hell- lukewarm baths, calamine, spots inside my mouth and up my bum, constant itching and pain and tiredness. I have never recovered. Luckily my then-girlfriend stayed to look after me, everyone else having buggered off home for the break. I have never felt so ill, before or since. Get well soon!

SBT

radiator

Ha, and here's me feeling sorry for myself because of a common cold. Get well soon!

Theblazeuk

Mattofthespurs

TordelBack

Gulp!  You'd think the slug guts would have cured the spots up SBT's bum at least...