Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Oh that is a great point Jim.  This surely is their liability as they have screwed up.

Tjm86

Quote from: Something Fishy on 26 October, 2016, 11:09:23 AM
Tjm not tmj sorry.

Dim problem.  Also, the article shows precedent which will make your life easier following Jim's advice.  Worth a quick trip to CAB, get in touch with some ambulance chaser, get a letter with the medical update from your doctor showing when they assessed the improvements and then put it all in writing to the DVLA.  Worth citing the Today programme in your letter to the bar stewards.

Something Fishy

Thank you.  I've made sure all the reports have gone through to them and have ensured that they have re-opened case.  My doctor has done a good and very clear letter.  Now I think I need to wait but call them every day.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Banners on 26 October, 2016, 12:24:55 PM
Fishy, don't acknowledge their authority and just drive anyway. The DVLA are clearly in the wrong—no jury would take their side.

Easier to type than do I know...

I don't think it's that simple.  My dad once left his car with a mechanic, who drove it around town without his permission and double parked it - despite the judge knowing exactly what had happened, it was still my dad's car and he was fined.  The law isn't always about justice (now what comic strip does that remind me of?)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

That is true Jay.  I have now been on radio, tv, got doctors and surgeons letters to them and phoned three times for them to expedite getting them on file.  They have now re-opened the case. I have also written to my MP no made a formal complaint against their shambolic process.

My doctor says I 100% will drive as there is nothing wrong. I just don't want to risk it until I hear something.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 October, 2016, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: Banners on 26 October, 2016, 12:24:55 PM
Fishy, don't acknowledge their authority and just drive anyway. The DVLA are clearly in the wrong—no jury would take their side.

Easier to type than do I know...

I don't think it's that simple.  My dad once left his car with a mechanic, who drove it around town without his permission and double parked it - despite the judge knowing exactly what had happened, it was still my dad's car and he was fined.  The law isn't always about justice (now what comic strip does that remind me of?)

Isn't that basically Theft With Access to Keys? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWOC

JayzusB.Christ

I'm not rightly sure.  Not the way the judge saw it, anyway, it would seem
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Theblazeuk

staticgirl

Thanks for the sympathy and advice (and the link - 'life spugs' that was the thread I was trying to think of..) Yes the landlords want to refurbish it and rent it for hundreds of pounds more than I can afford.

I've crawled into work today and feel like death as I've not been eating much and when I do it hasn't been staying down. It's been better to get out of my poor doomed flat and see some people though.

I'm even thinking of moving away from this area completely but am doing research.

The Legendary Shark

My best to you, Stats. Who knows? There could be diamonds to be found in this shit.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

The Legendary Shark
This one has a caff on one side and a beauty salon on the other - builders' butts to my right and sunny-weather cleavages to my left. All levels of humanity existing cheek to cheek, as it were.
:'( Oh Sharky....that's.....just....just soooo sweet. Z  :'(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Well the dvla have still rejected my doctors evidence I no longer have a problem.

So I am 100% healthy and my reward for it is a ban from driving for a condition I do not have.

Absolutely Insane.

Banners

If your doctor says you're 100% okay, how dare some anonymous admin person say otherwise? That's why I would be tempted to drive anyway—you're being held hostage by artificial and intangible rules, when the actual truth of the matter is you should be entirely free to go about your business. Have you tried publicly bringing them to task on Twitter or Facebook?

Awful. Really hate this kind of systematic inhuman unfairness.

Something Fishy

I fear doing that but I do wonder now.

My orthoptist hs very kindly agreed to see me urgently on Tuesday at 12.  She is going to measure that I have no diplopia and provide a letter there and then and fax it to the DVLA saying this is a fallacious issue.

If that doesn't work then they are acting criminally surely?