Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Rog69 on 31 December, 2014, 11:21:50 AM
The Openreach engineer just left. Previously my connection speed was a flaky 2.7Mb on a good day and that was shared between four people across 15 different devices. One of my Daughter's first words was "Buffering".

It is now 56Mb  :o.

So what sort of things did this enegineer do?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Rog69

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 29 January, 2015, 05:22:55 PM
Quote from: Rog69 on 31 December, 2014, 11:21:50 AM
The Openreach engineer just left. Previously my connection speed was a flaky 2.7Mb on a good day and that was shared between four people across 15 different devices. One of my Daughter's first words was "Buffering".

It is now 56Mb  :o.

So what sort of things did this enegineer do?

He moved my connection over to the new fibre cabinet down the road and then plugged my new router in. Not sure why they insisted on a home visit really, if you order the 32Mb connection they just post the router for you to fit yourself but thats all the engineer did with mine anyway.

radiator

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 January, 2015, 09:34:49 AM
Didn't you say that was 3 hours drive away?

They announced more cinemas. This one is a much more reasonable 10 min drive!

The Legendary Shark

Well that's just bloody typical of you young 'uns these days - always going for the easy option...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ming

...I decided to walk into work the long way round this morning; three and a half hours with snowshoes over the mountains then back down into town.  Didn't see a soul until I was nearly done; glorious.  Man, I needed that.

:)

Fungus

Photo 2 shows your jetpack in your shadow. Busted!

ming

Quote from: Fungus on 03 February, 2015, 11:59:31 AM
Photo 2 shows your jetpack in your shadow. Busted!

Dammit.  Remind me to Photoshop that out next time.

:lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

Terminated my energy supply from one of the big five and went with one of the smaller up and coming companies. Just had a lovely £300 refund :D

In the end I was sick of telling them that the direct debit they wanted me to pay was too much and every month they would alter it just before the money would go out of the bank. I contacted them to ask why they kept doing this, especially as once I noticed this I changed the direct debit back down. They never replied once and this went on for the last three months.

All I can say is goodbye you ignorant gits and what shall I spend my money on now :lol:

maryanddavid

Theblazeuk

Is there any real reason why 99% of us buy energy from the Big 5, when we could go with absolutely anyone and the Big 5 have a track record of screwing everyone over, being shit at customer service and have also openly got away with conspiring to eliminate any possibility of actual competition between each other?

Fungus

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 04 February, 2015, 10:06:00 AM
Is there any real reason why 99% of us buy energy from the Big 5, when we could go with absolutely anyone and the Big 5 have a track record of screwing everyone over, being shit at customer service and have also openly got away with conspiring to eliminate any possibility of actual competition between each other?

Inertia?
Which would be a great name for an energy company, come to think of it...

The Legendary Shark

I don't know why people don't set up their own energy companies to service their local communities. As far as I understand it, all these other 'energy providers' (not vendors or sellers or merchants, note) do is act as an agent between Transco and the people in order to make profit from adding charges.
Course, I may be wrong and never got around to investigating the idea properly.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Minkyboy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 February, 2015, 11:44:46 AM
Course, I may be wrong and never got around to investigating the idea properly.

Maybe just occasionally eh Sharky?
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

because as of right now- Zarjaz 23 exists as a complete thing. I still need to burn the CD for the printer and build the digital edition for contributors- but all the actual design work is done and has been signed off.

FQ26 still needs a little work doing, and some data from creators is still outstanding, but I think I'll have both comics to the printers in time to hit a March 1st release.

Praise Tharg!