Main Menu

Judge Dredd TV series

Started by The Sherman Kid, 17 September, 2022, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: judgeurko on 30 April, 2024, 10:42:40 AMProducts don't exist in a vacuum

Except for electron microscopes, GPS satellites and some supermarket products.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

I'm glad you brought that up. To get us back on-topic, it's worth pointing out that vacuum is used to adhere protective tape to the front surface of lens blanks (y'know, for spectacles) before the grinding and surfacing process.

The Legendary Shark

So, apart from electron microscopes, GPS satellites, hoover bags, protective tape, flasks, cleaning equipment, food preservation, chemical engineering, vessel-proofing, space probes, testing chambers, kissing and eye-watering fellatio, what have vacuums ever done for us?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

judgeurko

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 April, 2024, 05:43:57 PMAnd hoover bags.

Incorrect. Hoover bags are placed in a vacuum cleaner they don't exist there.

judgeurko

Quote from: Funt Solo on 30 April, 2024, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 30 April, 2024, 10:42:40 AMProducts don't exist in a vacuum

Except for electron microscopes, GPS satellites and some supermarket products.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fortnight

Quote from: judgeurko on 01 May, 2024, 12:32:58 PMIncorrect. Hoover bags are placed in a vacuum cleaner they don't exist there.
Incorrect. If I put you in a vacuum you'd exist there, for a while.

judgeurko

Quote from: Fortnight on 01 May, 2024, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 01 May, 2024, 12:32:58 PMIncorrect. Hoover bags are placed in a vacuum cleaner they don't exist there.
Incorrect. If I put you in a vacuum you'd exist there, for a while.
But the original post didn't say anything about "for a while". So I am correct, the original post was wrong.

Fortnight

Oh yeah? Well you were touching the dog and the dog farted, so you farted, so ner.

judgeurko

Quote from: Fortnight on 01 May, 2024, 01:31:16 PMOh yeah? Well you were touching the dog and the dog farted, so you farted, so ner.
what are you talking about??? Odd.

Funt Solo

I bet all this dialog finds its way into the upcoming Judges tv show.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: judgeurko on 01 May, 2024, 12:32:58 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 April, 2024, 05:43:57 PMAnd hoover bags.

Incorrect. Hoover bags are placed in a vacuum cleaner they don't exist there.

Are you saying that as soon as a hoover bag (the product) is placed inside a vacuum cleaner, the bag ceases to exist? If this were true, no hoover bag would ever fill up with dust because it wouldn't be there while the closed-up vacuum cleaner was running. However, hoover bags do get full of dust and fluff, therefore they do exist inside the vacuum. QED.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 May, 2024, 02:35:30 PMAre you saying that as soon as a hoover bag (the product) is placed inside a vacuum cleaner, the bag ceases to exist?

Plot for Judges tv show: Sov dimension warp technology has been placed inside vacuum cleaners so you "Never have to change the bag!", as everything you vacuum is now sent to a different Earth. Naturally, the people in that dimension have had enough of 1. being TAD-nuked into oblivion years ago and 2. having some dust, random bits of cereal and cat hairs dropped on them.

The Legendary Shark

Today is a good day to Dyson.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

I'd like to take a moment to be the kind of ars*hole who points out that 'Hoover' is a brand name, and therefore the correct term for a vacuum cleaner's internal dust collection sac should be a 'Vacuum-bag'.