Main Menu

New deal for 2000 AD character replicas!

Started by w3bz, 21 June, 2011, 03:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Having thought long and hard about this, here is my list (I've added a part from a thread a while back)

BADGES- to start with it has to be DREDD followed in time by other characters but they have to be the main ones first STRONTIUM DOG, ABC WARRIORS, DANTE, etc...

FRIDGE MAGNETS- Along the lines of your favourite cover, you order it and they put that cover onto the magnet, hey presto!

PATCHES- stitch on badges for kids bags and the like. Same as above start DREDD & 2000AD and follow with major characters!

KEYRINGS- these can be badges, logos, helmets and Robot heads of major characters!

MIXED SHIRTS- I believe this is the hardest market as everyone bickers about all the designs, you need a small design logo that goes on every T-shirt that shows what the brand is. There is no point having a brilliant pic of Dante on the front if everyone goes "who the fuck is that?" Something like a 2000AD logo down the collar of a polo shirt (I think the rugby chaps have something like this) or a small logo down one of the sleeves, it just shows off the brand. From there you go for iconic pictures! You can also have the embroidered badges on tops as well.

MOUSEMATS- these can be the normal shape with badges on but I reckon having them in the shape of the badges would be much better. Most people (not you artists) don't use more than half of the mat, so that would be no problem. DREDD would be first along with the 2000AD logo on an oblong mat. Or you could do the original logo on a shaped mat!

WATERPISTOLS- start off with the Lawgiver MK I & II, the MK I can be less powerful than the MK II.

WORLD JUDGE HELMETS- this would have to be a limited set, so everyone knows that it has an end and they can collect a complete collection. This is always good for a collector. Obviously you start with Mega City One, then go onto Brit-Cit and continue until all the Judges are represented.
There could also be a subset of helmets from Mega City One, including- TEK, SPACE, SJS, ROOKIE, etc...

Here are two pics from the highly talented Daniel Carey-George of what I mean

You could eventually (after the completion of this set) make an ABC Warriors head set, not just the modern seven but including the fallen characters.

MASKS- these can be two versions. The rubber semi expensive £40ish versions that would have a Dredd head, Hammerstein, etc... Also the mass produced stamped out and painted plastic ones with the band holding it on your head version. Nice and cheap and the parents would buy them for their kids.

SKETCH BOOKS- these can be A4 with a fake leather look and be embossed with certain logos and badges. I reckon these would be an excellent seller, especially at conventions!

MODEL KITS- this can be two sets, VEHICLES & FIGURES. The vehicles could include Lawmaster, Pat Wagon, H-Wagon, Blitzspear, etc... The figures, obvious really DREDD onwards!

TIE PINS- high end for the smart events, only those in the know would recognise them, if they have a good close look at your tie. Helmets from DREDD, ALPHA, ROGUE, etc...

6" ACTION FIGURES- these can be in limited sets of 6 (or what's correct) each.
Set 1 - Judges- Dredd, Anderson, Hershey, Giant, Guthrie & DeMarco
Set 2 - Chief Judges- Fargo, Solomon, Goodman, Cal, Griffin, McGruder, Silver, Volt, Hershey, etc.. (I forgot the last two)
Set 3 - Dark Judges + sisters
Set 4 - Mega City People- Boinger, Sky Surfer, Fattie, Futsie, Citi-Def, Perp.
Set 5 - Strontium Dogs- Alpha, Wulf, Red, McNulty, Feral, Gronk & Kid Knee (in same pack)
Set 6 - ABC Warriors
ETC......

CHILDRENS STUFF- pencils, pens, colouring books, lunch boxes, pyjammas, dressing gowns, quilt covers, wallpaper + border, party sets (paper plates and cups (I think the adults would sort the 2000AD themed party out)),

SUITCASE STICKERS- These will make people strain to have a look as you wander through the airport at your weird trips!

CHRISTMAS CARD- Sets of 10, just look at the stuff that was produced on the forum last year in December.

CAR STICKERS- They could have sayings like I get 2000AD every 7 rotations of planet Earth, or something a little more snappy 

BOOK MARKS- These could come in sets of 4 upwards and with bios on the back.
Set 1 Dredd, Giant, Anderson & Hershey
Set 2 Death, Fire, Fear & Mortis
Set 3 Alpha, Wulf, Gronk, McNulty & Red
etc....

CAR COOLER SHADES- One of those massive things that people put on the dash of their cars to reflect the heat. Dredd, 2000AD, ABC Warriors, etc.... (Imagine 'Gaze into the fist of Dredd' across the front of your car windscreen)

Obviously I would love LEGO, MONOPOLY, RISK, TOP TRUMPS, etc... but that is all licensed and would need a large outlay to help try and recoup the costs and sadly the fans are not there yet. Hopefully with the film and all that!

I didn't go down the route of make everything for 2000AD, as the items wouldn't sell in bulk. I take you to the Liam Sharp story about the Flesh poster, when people said they would buy it if it was made into one. When I met Liam he said no-one had asked for one and so he didn't print any off.

I'm sure there are more ideas out there so come on everybody, what would you really buy and would others buy it as well.

PlanetReplicas

That's a great post Commando Forces, its always good to hear from the fans and we'd like to encourage people to let us know what you want to see !
Although out license doesn't cover all of the items you propose, it does cover pretty much all of the IP from the 2000 AD Nerve Center Database, so we have lots to be getting on with.
All of our announcements will be coming direct from the Molcher Droid - so keep an eye out on this very forum.
Trust us- it will be worth the wait !

PLANET REPLICAS
www.planetreplicas.com

info@planetreplicas.com
www.facebook.com/PlanetReplicas

strontium71

It's always bugged me this - what does IP mean? I see it in posts and have no idea !
...because I hate you.

James Stacey

strontium71

Ah , finally. Does it just mean ownership of a licence or something ?
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

vzzbux

Child wear would be a great ploy. Pyjamas, pants, socks, T-shirts.
My son would kill for a Dredd T-Shirt but I have never been able to officially find one. Yes there are some on E-Bay but they are bootlegs, there is no way I am going down that route for a piece of unlicenced shit that may fall apart and isn't even from a 2000ad droid (well I don't recognise the art).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-KIDS-T-SHIRT-/230427751044?pt=Boy_s_Clothing&var=&hash=item7b668627c4

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 31 July, 2011, 08:33:09 AM
Michael, will the outfits be based on the comic design or that of the movie?

Wait and see... ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

She can read my mind any time  ;)

I notice from the site you are going to Thought Bubble, I reckon a few more might be there now!

Dash Decent

John, it doesn't take psionic powers to know what you're thinking!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

COMMANDO FORCES

How about sets of blank sketch cards with the 2000AD logo across the back and some sort of design around the edge of the front (House of Tharg, etc...). I'd love a load of these so I could always have some handy at cons, just to get a 'quick' sketch now and again.

Psidude

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 August, 2011, 02:08:55 PM

She can read my mind any time  ;)

I notice from the site you are going to Thought Bubble, I reckon a few more might be there now!

That Anderson clip is outstanding :thumbsup:

Steve Green

Cheers,

Unfortunately, Lauren won't be at Thought Bubble, but I'm going to be doing another Anderson shoot with her sometime - and I'm sure we'll get her to do one con attendance for Minty...

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.