Main Menu

Atavar - So now the end is here...

Started by paulvonscott, 25 April, 2002, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Well, that's all folks.  

All the predictions were wrong, rumours of several endings being written just to keep supsense high seem to be false.

The end episode for me was probably the best one since the first, it ended on that bad city blue note.  Anyway it definitely seemed to be written as a self-contained series so I can't see it coming back.

Thread Zero

How do you know??

I thought 2k hadn't come out!

It has?

Cool. My future shock should be in it.

scojo

red_lichtie

Avatar ending: quite good. The series started off poorly but turned into something respectable.

RL

paulvonscott

"I thought 2k hadn't come out!"

Don't listen to the thrill suckers

"Cool. My future shock should be in it."

Maybe it should be, but it's not, unless you are Andrew Lewis.

Well we have some new strips next week, thank grud, I just noticed Atavar was a double episode this prog.

Bring on Death, Sin City and that story with the nutter!  Come on!

Thread Zero

Don't tell me old Atty sacrificed himself for the good of the alien race and decent comic strips?

Well what do you expect when you get Scooby Doo writers doing sci fi.

Scooby Doooby doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

scojo

red_lichtie

Isn't the return of Tor Cyan scheduled for next week?

RL

DavidXBrunt

Nope. Double length Dredd, and 13, plus the first episode of Death.

paulvonscott

10 pages of 13 too. A strange prog indeed.

red_lichtie

"Nope. Double length Dredd, and 13, plus the first episode of Death."

Thank God for that!

RL

DavidXBrunt

But 'Tor Cyan' is back in the near future.

red_lichtie

"But 'Tor Cyan' is back in the near future."

Sigh. You would have to spoil that moment. No Tor Cyan for another week then you have to go and mention that its coming back. Still, according to an earlier thread, Tor Cyan concludes and "Rogue" returns.

RL

paulvonscott

Even though I'm not keen on the whole Tor Cyan business, I'm more than happy if this story coming up wraps the whole thing up.

The new Rogue visuals look stunning.

red_lichtie

"Even though I'm not keen on the whole Tor Cyan business, I'm more than happy if this story coming up wraps the whole thing up."

Amen to that! here's praying for a clear cut end with no opportunity for any more Tor Cyan.

"The new Rogue visuals look stunning."

Can't agree more and hopefully they'll stay in B&W.

RL

Wood

Have you noticed that Dan Abnett's stories are getting more miserable lately? D'you think he's been a bit depressed lately?

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Yeah Atavars ending was suprisingly good (the U.O.S back stabbing thing was really well done.) I'll have to have more faith in Mr Abnett from now on. As for darker story lines I think this is BECAUSE of people mentioning that he writes Scooby Doo. He's trying to do a more depressing stuff. After all, we never see Fred taking prozak and Velma admitting she's a pyschotic killer now do we?

Finnigan.

(P.S, cos i'm new I really wanna see rouge trooper. From what my mates said, it sounds cool.)