Main Menu

It's all kicking off

Started by Anemic_Newt, 07 February, 2002, 05:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

alt.comics.2000ad - thread "Bad Company 3" Gone on for ages. Andy Diggle seems to be getting a bit of a mauling from the posters... I see Scojo and PVS have already put there bits in... just as a taster here is one other quote from Andy Diggle (ex-editor) [yes i know I'm taking it out of context and he was being sarcastic]

Are you suggesting that our deliberate Editorial Policy of rejecting
all Good Stories and commissioning only Crap was somehow
self-defeating? Drat!

Boy, do I feel silly now.

Andy

The thread does make interesting reading... very interesting reading... hmmm yes my wise ones, very very interesting, indeed.

paulvonscott

I've just been there for the first time today(ish).  I can only apologise to the people there who thought they had found a refuge from me.

Now I have my whsmiths internet account I can go online as often as I want.  Okay I did that anyway, but now I'm not paying in my precious lifeblood for it.  One downside for civilisation is that I can now access newsgroups for the very first time.  I still don't see how the chat works there though.  What do you do?

As for having a pop at ex-editors, well I think 2000AD had been on the slide for a long long time and you can't pin it all on one bloke.  Obviously I blame Scojo.  He brought back the series that brought me back, so i owe him that.  Never met the bloke, never likely to, but my thirteen ritual daggers need to be kept for the end days...

Thread Zero

Simon Fraser (Dante artist) is having a right go at him!

I wonder why?

Probably cos the Diggler got John Burns to draw most of Tsar Wars!

Hee hee!

scojo

Thread Zero

They are well rude in that newsgroup.
Jim Alexander called me a **** **** *** and Tim Deniz said I was a ****!

I don't even like Asterisk.

Tin Tin is more my sort of thing.

scojo

paulvonscott

Scojo, you may be a **** but never a ****.  Ignore those ******* *********!.  *******!

Lot of people here tonight.  I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... (etc) bored.

Anemic_Newt

Hope PVS survived then!
Some of Simon Fraser's jokes he has posted are utterly revolting - PVS would definitely not like them.

PVS - You ok? Did they hurt you too? - so far when I have posted I have survived but there does tend to be a lot more bitchiness on the newsgroup than here.

Shall we kick it off here?
let me see
I know

Scojo you *@#!"??*

paulvonscott

*&@~& you Netw Boy!  I've taken enough of your **%&!  I'm gonna come round and &^%$&$ your &$&$.

Actually I've been okay.  I posted the same rant twice and said okay things about diggle and no come back.  I did notice some fighting, but having seen the length of my posts they may be afraid I'll start boring them to death.

Anyone fancy a chat for 20 minutes or so.

Thread Zero

You are bored, why?

How was your day?

Oh no, I feel the wrath of Logan coming on. "Do not post your private life messages here!"

scojo

paulvonscott

Well, I simply have nothing to do.  No job, no interests, no water (we were cut off today due to some works or something).

Well at least I don't have Mr Whit's shins.

fraston

with all due respect, scojo did kinda bait the more agressive members of the newsgroup when he turned up. it basically revolved around his "i think andy diggle is crap" post...and bear in mind that most of the people there aren't used to scojo's legendary sense of irony so they just attacked him.

on another note, surely burnsy drew tsar wars cos si F was too late with the art to do it himself?

paulvonscott

No, I am quite away of Scojo's amazing 'bating'* powers.

Hence my reference to him as Satan's Sump Stirrer at the start.

I suppose he acts like a catalyst.  Throw him into a normal unreactive newsgroup and suddenly you've got a lot of angry, fizzing, popping posters.

He could aggrevate for the England Olympic team and bring back a gold.

He is the fly of dissent in our ointment of reasoned discussion.**

Okay I'll stop, I REALLY could go on all day, but you get the picture.  He has a habbit of needlessly provoking people:

"I Challenge 'INSERT NAME' blah blah blah"

I know nothing about the secret Dante saga and don't really want to whether it's true or not.

Cheers :)
PVS

* Not a pun,  NO!

** Can someone let me know whether fly's do get into ointment, I've been very interested for many years.  Thanks.

Thread Zero

You mean like that?

Not me mate. Must be the other scojo.

scojo who must get back to work

paulvonscott

That was my quote incidently.

Actually Scojo, that is a decent challenge.  Rebellion do need to change 2000AD.  I guess they probably know that, but it is indeed true.

Other Scojo?

Are there really more than one?  Has someone set up an illegal scogo cloning factory?

Cheers

PVS

Did you get my e-mail?  Bloody hell eh?