Main Menu

V for Vendetta Movie pics

Started by Bhuna, 19 April, 2005, 11:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

Just found this on superherohype.com

Link: http://www.superherohype.com/news/vforvendettanews.php?id=2870" target="_blank">Lewis Prothero - The Voice of London

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/vforvendettaset2.jpg[img/]">
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Byron Virgo

Looks a bit like Bryan Talbot!

Apparently Stephen Rea's in the film too.

Waddie

Typical kneejerk reaction time!

Wasn't he the Voice of Fate, rather than London?  And nobody actually knew who he was?  Therefore they must have tampered with the story and it'll be terrible!

Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg

ACtually after seeing the poster I see what you mean, soz!

Well worries about plot-chaging aside... I think those posters set under that ratty railway bridge look bloody great

JimBob

not a massive fan of V, but I am looking forward to the inevitable "ban this terrorist filth" campaign in the Mail. "this film will encourage copy cat Guy Fawkes' they could be planning destruction accross the UK, not even Portsmouths Millenium tower is safe! Report any neighbours seen with suspicious items, particularly matches and conical hats. Albion prevails."

Mr C

I can see the tower from my bedroom window.
In fact, I've got a "line of sight".
Now to finish reading that book about trajectories and build my potato cannon...

Bloody waste of money! And it's five years late!
BAH!

paulvonscott

Stephen Fry is in it now as well as John Hurt.

"I'm playing the character of Gordon Deitrich, who's a chat show host who questions the authority of the people who run Britain in this post-viral facist state, as it were," says Fry.

"Fry also revealed more casting that hasn't been announced yet, saying that John Hurt, Tim Pigott-Smith and Sinead Cusack are part of the cast. They join the previously-announced Natalie Portman, James Purefoy and Stephen Rea."

Link: http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=9259" target="_blank">Link, but I pasted all the text :p

paulvonscott

In a way it's yet more worrying news that this movie could be good.  They've dumped the nuclear thing I think which Moore always said he wouldn't do now.  They've met Moore and he has been 'reportedly' excited.  Though he might have been 'actually' bored.

Obviously Piggot-Smith is a good actor, but Cusack is one too many Cusack's for my memory to hold, so no idea who she is.  Besides, who would want to remember more than Joan Cusack?  Mmmm...

Quirkafleeg

Hurt's also one of those actors who rarely appears in rubbish...

Bolt-01

Well said Gary. Hang on, wasn't he in Captain Corelli's mandolin doing an impression of Carlos Sanchez Robostogie?

Bolt-01

Tordelbach

Isn't Fry just a wee bit... camp for Valerie's Britain?  One of the most moving bits of V for me is wozziname's (the cop) drugged lament for homosexuals.

Adrian Bamforth

Stephen Fry is a national treasure though I can't really forget that it's him very easily in 'straight' roles (no pun intended).

ADE

Quirkafleeg

Well 'rarely' not never... I've not managed to summon the will power to watch comic-boy Elvis nut as Capt 'Mama Mia!' Corelli. The few brief clips I've seen are bad enough...

Noisybast

More detail from Empire Online:

"Of course it may have been paranoid androids plastered all over the wall, but it didn't take long for Empire to ask the question that everyone was really wanting to ask (well, ok, it was just us ? but we knew all of you were itching for the news) ? an illumination on V For Vendetta. We slyly slipped in an open-ended question, but Stephen was far too clever for us, and we had to admit that the only thing we knew was that he was in it, even though we actually knew slightly more. "Oh yes!" he said with relief "I thought Oh my god, they've found out about the other thing!. Thank god for that! Yes, I just got back from Berlin today, in fact. I've been filming there all the time, and I'm going back on Sunday."

Yes, but the real question is who? "I'm playing the character of Gordon Deitrich, who's a chat show host who questions the authority of the people who run Britain in this post-viral facist state, as it were." Sort of like a militant Parky, then? Brilliant! Given that this is quite a dangerous occupation in the London of Vendetta's universe ? all freedom of expression is controlled and ruled with an iron fist (possibly literally ? we've not seen an interrogation scene), the first thing you'll wonder is whether Gordon is a legitimate freedom fighter, or a government mole planted to attract like-minded dissidents. What, you think we're going to give something like that away here and now? Puh! What do you take us for?

Fry was also forthcoming about a few other pieces of casting that were hitherto unknown. "John Hurt, Tim Pigott-Smith, and Sinead Cusack?" he divulged. So, place those names alongside those we already know ? James Purefoy as V, Natalie Portman as Evey, and Stephen Rea (unknown as yet) and you've got quite a solid line up, courtesy of everybody's favourite leather loving siblings. As Stephen himself said, "Lots of very good casting on the part of the Wachowski Brothers, who of course are wonderful, though it's being directed by James McTeigue, who was first assistant director on all the Matrix films. And it's a good lark."

Indeed, you may remember from our news story posted late last year, that the Wachowskis have moved over to the producer's chair for this project, which they also adapted from Alan Watchmen, The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen Moore's graphic novel sometime between making the first and second Matrix films. McTeigue (who, judging by his CV is an Aussie) was also AD on Episodes II and III and many other projects of varying size. Striking while the graphic novel iron is hot (just a few months after Sin City), V For Vendetta is slated for a release in November of this year. To paraphrase a movie politician, we shall keep watching this one with great interest."

Link: http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16725" target="_blank">Empire Online

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/images/image_index/4468.jpg">
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!