Main Menu

V Trailer

Started by pauljholden, 23 July, 2005, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Actually, I reckon that's more powerful, given the subject matter.

monty--

What's V for Vendetta actually like? Is it any good, say, on a 'Watchmen' level?

pauljholden

For my money it's better than Watchmen.

-pj

The Amstor Computer

Well, that depends on what you think of Watchmen. If you thought it was a fantastic piece of comic storytelling, then you're likely to enjoy V for Vendetta, and may find it a more powerful story simply because it's a far more human piece than Watchmen.

If you didn't like Watchmen, you may like V, but it depends on what your problem was with Watchmen. I've met people who didn't like Watchmen because it was too structured & formal who enjoyed V because it was a very different kind of tale.

Quirkafleeg

Watchman - Intellect, V - Emotion; Discuss (see also Watchman - Intellect, Dark Night Returns - Intellect; Discuss)

Funt Solo

The Dark Knight Returns: Politics.  Retribution.  Anarchy (ie against the state, not against a state).

Watchmen: yeah, intellect.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

The Dark Knight Returns: Politics. Retribution. Anarchy (ie against the state, not against a state).

Also a pretty good description of V.

Dunk!

Link: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/mirrormask.html" target="_blank">All those Sandman covers come to life...

"Trust we"

Quirkafleeg

>Night Returns - Intellect

Oops, that should have been Dark Night Returns - Intellect

Dan Kelly

I'll agree that the trailer looks pretty good.

However, I don't like the hints in it that the government is perhaps the "Christian Right"...

The govt. logo for one, and a couple of lines kicking around there...

Dan

Adrian Bamforth

I love V For Vendetta and the trailer couldn't be better. For me the pivotal storyline in the book is Eve's interogation and where that goes, which is the first moment in the trailer.

Rereading it recently thought there were some problems with it in that the cracks in the system are often to do with corruption and back-stabbing rather than anything V has done. Then we fing out V has (somehow) had

(SPOILERS)

...access to Fate all along, which seems a bit of a cheat really. It's hard to depict one person alone bringing down a whole system.

ADE

Mr C

lalalalala can't hear you, there is no V movie, lalalalala

ming

From the trailer, this looks as if it could go either way.  V looks nice, but I'm still gutted that Hugo Weaving was cast.  It's just impossible to hear his voice and not think of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert / Matrix / Bloody Elrond, which makes it neither here nor there whether he has a mask on as I know exactly what he looks like.  Bah!  Mumble, grumble, etc.