Main Menu

V for Vendetta preview tonight (no spoilers)....

Started by Buddy, 13 March, 2006, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Buddy

Good.

Completists will hate it (Jonathan Ross).

General movie going public will hate it also.

Questions??

Dudley

Is Portman better-looking without her hair?

the3rdman

yeah, get the important stuff out the way first !

Buddy

Portman is lush with, or without hair.

Her accent on the other hand....

Carlsborg Expert

Ross said some awful things about it.

"Don't bother with it," he said, basically. The mask works in comics but not on screen, he said.

Those curious, should waste their time.He may as well just said , " Go directly to video! Do not pass cinema, do not collect box office takings.2

What theses pratts bawling on about "hollywood going through a big kid with special effects, phase," don't consider is that after the age of news reels, this is what got people by by the thousands going to the cinema in the first place.

I am sure, "It came from Outer Space," was a critics worst nightmare. I am sure,just liking Rembrant makes you automatically qualified to be an art critic and every one has the right to an opinion.

What Jon wants at the end of the day, is the filmmakers to get it right. Only; I feel he's getting more and more adament the comics industry would be better left alone, from hollywood picking it's nerve centres for visual festivals.

Before Naked Lunch, would I have gone out to research beat movements of the 50s? Almost not.
Can anyone tell me if there is an effect of these movies affecting sales of comics, though?

IndigoPrime

Judging by most of my friends' reactions to these films, they're not making a single bit of difference to comic book sales. Everyone flocked to see the Spider-Man films, but most still consider comics to be geeky and/or juvenile. Strangely, the only ones not of that opinion are those who didn't grow up in the UK: a friend's wife is French, and she happily grabbed my copy of LoEG after seeing the movie, and my other half is from Iceland, and she's read a bunch of my TPBs (mostly Hellboy and a few things by Alan Moore),

Dudley

Woss?s opinion is that you have to take off the mask.  Can we assume that Judge Dredd should also take off the helmet?  In which case, I dub thee heretic, Ross, in addition to being an utter, utter tit.

Rob Spalding

Woss said a mask where you cannot see any part of the face does not work on film.  With Dredd you can still see the mouth and chin, which you can glean a lot from.  To guage anything from a blank mask is very hard, it all comes down to body language, and when he's wearing a cloak as well, they may just have had a stand in for all the "acting" and dubbed in a voice later, you'd never tell.

johnnystress

should have got james earl jones to do the voice then :)

Roger Godpleton

Can we assume that Judge Dredd should also take off the helmet?

At least we can see Dredd's mouth through the helmet.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

johnnystress

facless wonders

Darth Vader, Daleks, Cybermen,er...Herbie

Buddy

The mask is perfect.

Why do we need to see his face?

V is a symbol, an idea, a passion. The physical form is unimportant.

Althought the movie differs from the book the symbol remains, the message is the same.

Don't put up with shit.

The more I think about it the more I like it.

Looking forward to the DVD.

Buddy

Oh, and it's not a big effects movie, or even a big action movie for that matter, which is why I think general movie public will hate it.

Adrian Bamforth

VW Beetles always have faces.

ADEhttp://partner.news.ch/img/icon/81325-Herbie.jpg">