Main Menu

Great big huge Doctor Who news

Started by Trough, 15 June, 2006, 06:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trough

Massive spoiler, but it's probably going to be unavoidable from now on...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5082668.stm" target="_blank">Warning!   Warning!

Dan Kelly

Indeed big news.

When can we actually talk about it on this thread?

The Amstor Computer

Not unexpected, especially given the behind-the-scenes gossip and the hints in the recent two-parter. Will this perhaps help to lift the series after a slightly flat second season?

scutfink

'No one ever s.....'

Ha!

What about J***** A****?

Oh, wait, he's got a point...

2000ad: where the **** stay ****.

:)

Bad Andy

Leigh S

I like Billie Piper, but its good news for the series I think - the "time travellers in love" angle has weighed down this series in a way it didnt last year - mainly because they didnt know what to do with it and theyre stretching to both include it at every turn and at the same time keep it from full blown snaggage.  

So a new companion and a new dynamic between them should shake up the show in potentially good ways.  Hopefully, it will be someone who will slap Tennant when he goes Mallety on us.

I suspect we'll have to have full blown snoggage to get past this though...

WoD

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Steve Green

Al_Ewing

HUZZAH

SPOILERS: Next season, we meet Tulip, a hard-done-by shopgirl from Skegness, who forges a deep emotional bond with the Doctor that they keep yakking on about forever.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

judge dreddd

s'coool, folk are not supposed to stay forever, dr who aint a soap...

Quirkafleeg

You had sod all chance of avoiding that if you turned on ceefax this morning as it was on the front page...

Well, I'll miss her.

radiator

'The series two finale, entitled Doomsday, sees Rose and the Doctor, played by David Tennant, caught up in an invasion that threatens to destroy modern-day Earth.'

.....What, AGAIN?

The Amstor Computer

Fuck...

I'd managed to read just the headline to this story until this evening when I got chatting to my Dad. Cue him blurting out the bit about the season finale and confirming the hints. Bugger.

The Amstor Computer

Radiator --

Tut-tut... the finale of season one had the Doctor and Rose battling an invasion that threatened to destroy the future Earth. Completely different kettle of fish ;-)