Main Menu

The most bizarre Who villain ever?

Started by Trout, 28 September, 2006, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Trout

The Amstor Computer

Could be alright - Maureen Lipman made a great Who villain in the second series, after all. Much more promising than whatever titfluff they've got lined up to play Agyeman's brother...

Buttonman

Ahh doon't reeallly kneew if she'll be any good.

The Amstor Computer

Heh. I can't read/hear that now without thinking of Les Dennis shouting it out during sex in "Extras"...

;-)

Quirkafleeg

Oh god, not more stunt casting... they'll be having Brucie next or bringing back Dodd

Buddy

If it's up there I'll give you the money myself.

W. R. Logan

>The most bizarre Who villain ever?

I Don't really know

Byron Virgo

"Oh god, not more stunt casting..."

Can it really be considered 'stunt casting' if the person concered isn't really *that* well-known?

LARF

I think her son 'Gary' would make a far better villan, and he can sing...

DavidXBrunt

Is it stunt casting? Yeah, she played an iconic soap character but she also has a large body of work behind her, including 'Best Newcomer' at some British Film Awards or another last year.

And Mark Gatiss? That's just won me a tenner. I said he'd be acting in this run as he wasn't writing a script.

Tiplodocus

I thought Maureen Lipman was terrible as a villain.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Max Kon

Misanthrope

And to be fair, Maureen wasn't the REAL villain, just the face the villain used.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Adrian Bamforth

The idea of Lipman's character was pretty good, if a bit difficult to integrate into the scenes, though Tilda Swinton or Alex Kingston would have done it better.

ADE