Main Menu

Art for Petential Colourists!

Started by NikHolmes, 02 September, 2004, 11:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Professor Bear: What settings are you using for the scanner?

Bolt-01

Bico

I'm just using the 'import/wia-epson stylus cx3200' command.  Can the settings be set for lower file size?  I'm in the dark, to be honest - I'm still feeling my way about with the photoshop, as there wasn't any manual or booklet with it.  I got it second-hand for 60 quid from Cash Converters about two days before someone told me how to use bittorrent, and I subsequently saw the frigging thing all over the bt websites like a rash.
And don't get me started on the digital art magazines and their 'handy to use' tutorials.  I bought one for its tutorial by Frazier Irving and was completely baffled by it.  It's like another language.

pauljholden

artdroids group on yahoo groups is the place to ask all of this, but very quickly:

I scan A3 artwork (using a Mustek A3 USB Scanner - about ?100) using lineart (aka Bitmap) settings. This ensures a pretty small filesize - but it's only useful for pure lineart.

- pj

Bico

'k me!  88 quid on Amazon?
That's nothing like the silly prices I was seeing for those things elsewhere!

Cheers for the tip, PJ!

BTW, is that icon your own face?  Only you look like (ex)Sepultura/Soulfly frontman Max Cavalera (aka The Tazmanian Devil of Heavy Rock).

pauljholden

That's me doing 'hulk smash' face.

- pj

Max Kon

or rather Artdroid smash face.

'What you want me to redo it? Damn you tharg. PJ smash'