Main Menu

I think this is what the meg doctor ordered

Started by Thread Zero, 11 November, 2001, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I think this is the general opinion, Rebellion people:

The return of Daily Star Dredds and the Aliens comic reprinted in the Meg.

Sounds cool to me.

I think that reprint mix could increase sales too.

scojo stealing others ideas

dodsworthboy

I thought that we wanted more original stuff in the meg howabout rebellion try to get the rights from the old ipc comics like action etc

Leigh S

Another vote for the Daily Star dredds...

Not so sure about Aliens - as a licenced comic it might be a little more expensive to reprint.  I like the idea of the strip being British creators, as I've never really dug any American comics.  

I'd love to see Mutomaniac, but I'm not sure whether it was ever finished. Fantastic stuff though.  Marshall Laws out of the question, as Cool Beans have got that.  

The Bogie Man would be my first choice as its so good and might encourage John Wagner and Alan Grant to write the next story!

Leigh S

I thought that we wanted more original stuff in the meg howabout rebellion try to get the rights from the old ipc comics like action etc

If people thought Flesh and Ro-Busters was dated, they'd have a fit with Action.  Despite its fearsome reputation as ground breaking the actual content is a little patchy.  2000Ad really was were the ideas hatched in Action really bore fruit (hows that for a mixed metaphor!)

Roger Simian

I'd like to see reprints of the early Dredd sagas - The Cursed Earth and The Apocalypse Wars.

Thread Zero

I think Charlie's War is a no no. There was a letter in the meg a while back asking for it and kiwi bishop lamb chops said they can't print it. I can't remember why off hand.

Someone go find out why! Thanks.

scojo

Roger Simian

Don't know.  Maybe 'cause it's already released as a Titan book, or something?

dodsworthboy

iTHINK IT WAS BECAUSE CHARLIES WAR IS ANOTHER IPC COMIC AND REBELLION ONLY BOUGHT THE 2OOOAD AND MEGAZINE. SHAME THOUGH ID LOVE TO READ IT AGAIN.

Alex Unger

I agree, it should be strips by British creators.

What about Bloodquest by Rennie & MacNeil?

Thread Zero

Tu-plang

::I agree, it should be strips by British creators.

:Well Preacher wasn't.

It was, wasn't it? Ennis and Dillon were old Brit legends, wasnt that the point of reprinting Preacher?  Or no?

NikolaiDante

How about getting the rights to reprint stuff from Crisis? Many people will not have read it and there were some excellent strips, such as Third World War.
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense

O Lucky Stevie!

like inverted fruitfly? or perhaps a krynoid?

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Thread Zero

No, Preacher was a vertigo title.
Owned by American company, DC which is owned by Time Warner.

scojo the fact bore