Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hev

Quote from: opaque on 08 May, 2012, 10:02:37 PM
Here's a great one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120910667471

Even puts this in the description!
Ebay's VeRO Team and The Publishers Association
Please note that this book is not in copyright and it is in the Public Domain.
It does not infringe copyright and abides by Ebay's VeRO policies

Can a few more people report this please? I'm getting sick of seeing such things, and can't Rebelliion do something about it too?

I have been reporting these for a while but nothing has been done about it.

Looks like it has been taken down now, but found these 2 on eBay as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1500-Comics-COLLECTION-2000-AD-Printed-DVDs-YEARS-Reading-PC-MAC-/170837437360?pt=UK_Collections_Lots_Books_EH&hash=item27c6b46bb0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collection-Over-1500-Digital-Comics-2000-AD-/330719627197?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item4d006d07bd

vzzbux

Quote from: Emperor on 09 May, 2012, 12:00:48 AM
Not sure about this one, it seems to be an art project based on found objects but they say they'll be printing up the ones that get most votes:

http://onehundredtees.tumblr.com/post/22670300917/day-19-good-advice-from-the-judge
Shouldn't that caption read 'Sergeant Baldwin to Dredd' anyway?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

Not sure if this falls in 2000AD's purview (as complaining on YouTube is awfully specific, see also the Judge Dredd film that is on there*) but the "The Day the Law Died" audioplay is all on there:

www.youtube.com/user/toven76/videos?query=dredd

* Actually looking that up now, as well as the serialised version:

www.youtube.com/user/mrchubbyz/videos?query=dredd

Someone has up the complete movie in one lump:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=USe2YPviTZk
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Emperor on 10 May, 2012, 05:10:58 PM

Someone has up the complete movie in one lump:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=USe2YPviTZk

What is the law surrounding this? Because technically the video does actually download onto your computer. So has a person broken any laws by watching it? Or is it the uploader who is in breach of copyright?
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

a chosen rider

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 11 May, 2012, 10:52:25 AMWhat is the law surrounding this? Because technically the video does actually download onto your computer. So has a person broken any laws by watching it? Or is it the uploader who is in breach of copyright?

There's an article discussing that situation here.  (Refers to US Law, but I assume use of Youtube probably falls under that jurisdiction.)  Apparently the issue of whether a buffer copy for streaming technically counts as 'duplication' might be grounds for a legal defence, but the article-writer argues that Youtube's logs can't differentiate between streaming vs. using a download tool anyway so the user can't necessarily prove that they only watched a buffered copy.  So technically you could be liable for a $750 fine for every illegal clip that you watch (and still $200 even if you can prove you had no reason to believe you were infringing), although it's all a bit academic because nobody's tried to enforce it yet.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

SpetsnaZ99

Its about time the uploaders and host site owners get fined. Its a bit like a country that has a law in place that states that 'its a crime for any citizen to look at naked images' but then one Saturday afternoon someone does a streak down the local high street and everyone who looked at the streaker is fined but the streaker doesn't get charged
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

The Bissler

Dunno if this Judge Dredd "inspired" t-shirt is the kind of thing you want to be made aware of?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Judge-Dredd-Logo-inspired-T-shirt-Ladies-and-Gents-Navy-Blue-/170833751022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item6d755f2c0a

The logo looks suspiciously like the cover of prog 262.

James Stacey

Their disclaimer is bollocks too. That's absolutely infringement.

opaque

Any plans for Rebellion to actually actively trawl Ebay and ask Ebay to remove all these illegitimate products?
Maybe they will listen to the IP owners as they don't seem to listen to individuals.

Teivion

Rebellion do (fact)

It's Ebay that drags its heels.

opaque

Emperor

They have a Dredd version for £100 too:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JUDGE-DREDD-HELMET-COMIC-VERSION-1-1-/390432266611
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

Kvnts. They should steal Elba for the sequel where Silver cracks down on the scheduled democracy march.