Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: Spaceghost on 06 February, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Are you being serious? The 'going under cover' signature refers to the fact that I went from using my team name to using Spaceghost again

Real name, not 'team name'.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Viking Justice

I asked a question to which I didn't know the answer. So now I'm an apologist and personally responsible for Carlos and John losing money. That respect I spoke about is rapidly diminishing if this is seriously the way you deal with people who won't kowtow to your way of thinking.

To repeat for the I don't how many time, I do NOT approve of the figure. I do NOT approve of John and Carlos and any other person or body losing money, which they would be due from this. If I DID, I'd have a bloody figure and I don't - for the very reason I have given. So do me a favour and quit trying to make out I do approve of any or all of this. Implications and twisting things seems to be a stock in trade here. First I'm confused and don't know what I'm saying? Now I'm an apologist for those cutting the creators out of their dues. I know that your occupation is putting words in people's mouths but cut it out with me, please. It does nothing but show me - and others - that you're coming over like some kind of a playground bully, determined to beat me down and paint me as a bad guy and not a true fan. It doesn't work.

Ghost, I shall pass all that on. Thank you for explaining it in a reasoned manner.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Viking Justice

Jim, man, you are some sort of a child.

Zenith666 - thanks for that, that goes a long way to answering my question. Finding out the exact information regarding these things is difficult, but - in my opinion - necessary when you admin a group and will be answering the questions or addressing the remarks of others relating to Dredd and these issues.

THAT is why I was asking, not to apologise for anyone or anything, despite what some are attempting to portray. A reasoned informed answer, at last. Many thanks.

A.Cow

Is this a bad time to announce my new range of "mutated bounty-hunter" tea-towels, available at reasonable price from my stall in Preston Market?

Grugz

Quote from: A.Cow on 07 February, 2015, 02:15:26 AM
Is this a bad time to announce my new range of "mutated bounty-hunter" tea-towels, available at reasonable price from my stall in Preston Market?

:D
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Zenith 666

I really want that Apocalypse war Dredd t-shirt but I'm too afraid now and my "Gaze into the fist of Dredd" tee is getting a little tatty and I've seen them on ebay but not in the 2000ad shop.If you buy unlicensed I've heard the send Burdis around.

TordelBack

It's been so long since we had a good inter-forum donnybrook*, I'd almost forgotten how ridiculous they were.

Everyone recognises that the judge cosplayers are a huge boost for the comic, and great entertainment in their build projects and appearances as well, and are by anyone's standards (ghastly term) 'true fans'.  The issue of buying/selling unlicensed products is a separate issue: 2000AD's future depends on multiple sources of licensing revenue, unlicensed iterations of its brand makes that market more difficult.  It's a Bad Thing for the future of the comic, even if the folk that buy this stuff also make a separate and no-doubt very significant contribution to Rebellion's coffers.  This is an official thread for the reporting of the latter activity that we as a forum have enthusiastically embraced in defence of 'our' comic, anyone doing so can hardly be accused of malicious intent.

I know there's an argument that bootleg copies/ilegal downloads only increase the fanbase of a brand and lead to higher additional legitimate purchases (the 'box-set' effect). Rebellion must be aware of this theory, and have done the sums, but still ask that fans act to help them protect their IP - and thus it is done.

I also know that some knock-offs are ludicrously tempting especially when there are no ready legitimate alternatives- I have a hoard of lurid '80s gig tapes and some choice '90s pound-shop Star Warz tat in the attic that I absolutely love, not to mention a silver-and-red USCSS Nostromo and its Narcissus escape shuttle with wheels.  But no-one would be wrong to call me a dick for buying these things, however glorious.   

*The occasional ECBT2KAD spat hardly counts, we love each other really.

I, Cosh

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 February, 2015, 10:43:09 AM
Big load of sensible stuff
It's a Bad Thing
More of the same rational appraisal
Ah, you'd be a Good King TB.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 07 February, 2015, 10:38:12 AM
If you buy unlicensed I've heard the send Burdis around.

Nah... you're fine if you get someone else to buy it for you.

Cheers

Jim

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Viking Justice on 06 February, 2015, 08:10:33 PM
Jim, man, you are some sort of a child.

Seriously? We've been treated to your 'self styled elite' crack, then this oh-so-witty 'putting words in people's mouths' zinger... I've done my best to answer your queries, and all we've been treated to is your paranoid fantasies about the spying on and persecution of your Facebook group and 'questions' couched in the language of an apologist for the very things you purport to condemn.

Forgive me if I characterise your position as confused: I only have the words you choose to type on which to base my conclusions.

Jim

Spaceghost

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 February, 2015, 11:23:13 AM
It's a Bad Thing

Yeah, here comes Professor Cardigan to tell everyone off. Your brand of reasonable diplomacy has no place here. Round these parts we settle things - INTERNET STYLE.

Olddevlin

Wow, I remember why I don't frequent these forums.

The last time I saw somebody get so wound up about being accused of not being a 'true fan', it was my friend  for not knowing the lyrics to 'Bad' by Michael Jackson. It was 1987.

We were 9.

Bat King

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 February, 2015, 11:23:13 AM
It's a Bad Thing

Best... Quote... Ever...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Spaceghost

Can I just reiterate for the sake of clarity - I was in no way seriously suggesting that there is any such a thing as a 'true fan', or that I am in any way qualified to judge sometimes appreciation of anything as valid or invalid.

I used the term in order to wind up some clowns who were abusing me on a Facebook group.