Main Menu

To mark xiii, Give prog 2002 a chance!

Started by Thread Zero, 21 December, 2001, 12:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Mark xiii, long time no see!

How r u you roman numeral!

I think you should give the new stories a chance. They are in their infancy and you know how annoying children can be.

You know this might sound terrible, but I think John Wagner has lost the plot with Dredd a bit over the last few years.

I know he can still write some great Dredd's but their frequency is less common.

This year I only rated a few of his Dredds, myself.

Anyone else agree/disagree/couldn't care less?

scojo

Trough

I agree to an extent, but then Wagner's always gone through the occasional dodgy phase.

Considering he's been writing the damn thing practically every week for nearly a quarter of a century, I'm prepared to allow him a little leeway!  

Maybe his good phases are getting less frequent, but I haven't really noticed that (usually because every so often Wagner produces a Dredd of such utter genius that it tends to make me forget any recent "coasting" stories).

So I reckon he'll improve again, Mr Scojo.

Trough, who has faith

Thread Zero

Trough,

No one here has ever called me Mr scojo.

I am quite emotional now...

sob!

Scojo crying tears of joy

mark xiii

"Mark xiii, long time no see! How r u you roman numeral!"

A long time indeed. I'm doing great thanks (sold 3 album cover scribbles in the last 2 weeks!), how's yer cat?

"I think you should give the new stories a chance. They are in their infancy and you know how annoying children can be."

I'll give 'em a chance but stories about the end of the world *yawn* brought on by drugs just don't flick my switch. I was expecting a little more... Horror from Rennie and Irving - Looking forward to the Death story tho, that (slightly over exposed) picture is soooo cool.

And surely that should've read 400mg of LSD not "400mm"?

Wagner is still the best Dredd writer, but thats not a hard task if you consider some recent efforts involving potatoes and weed. The justice killer stories were the highlight of the year IMHO.

And with that I'm off into the shadows again.

Mark xiii

Trough

That's a relief.  

I always try to be polite to people, but that means there's the constant possibility of calling someone "Mr" when they're actually female, and getting into all sorts of naughty trouble.

But then again, "Miss Scojo" or, indeed, "Mrs Scojo" just doesn't have the same ring (ooer!)...

PC Trough

Thread Zero

Mark, my cat shooshi is fine. Thanks for asking.

You used to be a regular here but I think you've seen the error of your ways and gone back "into the shadows".

I rather liked that potato story myself but I do agree with you and think the two justice killer tales were the best Dredd's of the year.

The new death story is rumoured to be in the old horror tradition and not portray Bones Face as a comedian.
Shame really. I saw Judge Death at Blackpool in the summer - he was doing a show there and he was a real hit with the audience.

And the undertakers of Blackpool hope he comes back next year too!

scojo