Main Menu

Adventures of Milo

Started by Thread Zero, 25 October, 2001, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

dear oh dear oh dear.

Can you point me to the exact place where I said "Scojo, you need a super original idea for your screenplay"?

I never said that, in the process of trying to get you to do more than post up some ideas. You posted "As for my Dredd idea" and then a list of ideas (which I suggested had already been done in the comic), so, you're basically now admitting that these weren't your ideas? Get your story straight scojo ... oh no, you can't because you've no idea of what a story is. Every time you've been asked for a story you've come up with a half dozen story ideas (cribbed mostly from previous dredd stories) or a half started script (either a comic or screenplay). Clones seem to feature heavily, you didn't have a hand in Star Wars Episode II ?

I could scribble something on a napkin and go around shouting how much better it is than Mona Lisa,  it would be comparing a sketch to a painting, you're trying to compare an idea to a story - it doesn't work. Again (as I've said repeatedly) until you offer proof of your superior *writing* abilities I will continue to redicule your insistence of your own genius.

Thread Zero

Listen mate, I have written 4 screenplays, two of which are in the hands of agents in the US.

If you want I will email you the emails to prove it.

So I can write a full screenplay not an idea!

If you think I am going to write a whole synopsis here on this board, you are wrong.

It was you criticising me for using so called exisiting ideas as the basis for a Dredd screenplay.
Yes?

Fact: If you bother to read a previous post by me here, you will see:
THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A DREDD STORY WHERE A CRIMINAL USES THE JUDGES CLONE TECHNOLOGY TO DESTROY JUSTICE DEPT.

Maybe you can tell me which Dredd story has already used that idea. The actual progs it was printed in would be nice too mrcomicus, as you are so sure you are right.

Ridicule me all you want.
So far I have been the first person here to suggest an idea for a Dredd screenplay that does not involve Judge Death.

See above.

So as you have been every time, you are inaccurate again mrcomicus.

scojo

NikolaiDante

Okay here we go:

>Listen mate, I have written 4 screenplays, two of which are in the hands of agents in the US.
So? There are thousands of screenplays in the hands of agents. Most of them end up in the bin. Just having written a screenplay and sending to the agent proves nothing. I could say, "I've written 5 Future Shocks, 2 are in the hands of Cyber-Matt" - in reality CyberMatt is using them for basketball practice....

>If you want I will email you the emails to prove it.
Don't doubt it.

>So I can write a full screenplay not an idea!
Yes, but it is a GOOD screenplay? As MrComicus points out writing something is easy, writing something GOOD is hard.

>If you think I am going to write a whole synopsis here on this board, you are wrong.
Okay post it to scriptdroids. Quite a few recent FS stories began life as a synopsis posted to the list. Lots of GOOD writers hand out there, so you'd get honest feedback.

>Fact: If you bother to read a previous post by me here, you will see:
>THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A DREDD STORY WHERE A CRIMINAL USES THE JUDGES CLONE TECHNOLOGY TO DESTROY JUSTICE DEPT.
So? MrComicus is quite rightly saying there is a WORLD of difference between an idea and a story.

>Maybe you can tell me which Dredd story has already used that idea. The actual progs it was printed in would be nice too mrcomicus, as you are so sure you are right.

NOOOOO. You have missed the point entirely. Re-read the posts of this thread in order and CAREFULLY.

>Ridicule me all you want.
Thanks. You make it such an easy job sometimes...

>So far I have been the first person here to suggest an idea for a Dredd screenplay that does not involve Judge Death.
Has anyone ELSE actually suggested an idea? Didn't think so....

>So as you have been every time, you are inaccurate again mrcomicus.
No he's not. Get down of your high horse and re-read the posts. I have and I understand exactly what he's talking about. If you'd look past your own ego you'd see too.

Dante
Support FUTUREQUAKE - it makes sense