Main Menu

Absence excused?

Started by Proudhuff, 24 February, 2003, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

If anyone has noticed a lack of Firey-Bou This story from the BBC Scotland might explain:

Highland blazes test fire brigade

The fire brigade dealt with more than 80 blazes
Firefighters have been struggling to deal with more than 80 blazes in the Highland countryside over the weekend.

The clear weather of the past few days has stretched local crews to the limit.

Many of the fires were started deliberately and fire chiefs are appealing to people to show sense.

One of the most serious blazes was close to Glenfinnan Viaduct, near Fort William, which is being used as a location for the new Harry Potter film.

Gulp!

Must... send ... message...

DDT did a job on me

Slippery PD

Yup shes a bit of a hero and thats a fact.  She dropped me a mail this morning and told me shed spent 18 straight hours fighting fires.  And shes a mum and she runs her own business too...  When does she find the time to contribute here?!?!

The womans a marvel.  Big respect to the Boo!!!

Yer "in awe" Slippo

Queen Firey-Bou

HA  HA   !  Cool !  cheers guys!
coff coff....

yeah some adventures,  the glenfinnan one wasn't  one of  ours, i was in the  middle of a forestry fire that night. far out  special effects, cept theyre real.
soon as time i will  get pics etc  on  line.
space  bars knackered so will also be quiet til new keyboard, & work caught up  with (sleep also).
any ideas how to get  soot  out of fingernails   &  skin?  s'pretty engrained.

catch you sweet people  later. xx

Trout

Heroic Boo! Much respect, even though you're a pleb.

Well done!

- Trout

Quirkafleeg

Soot under fingernails? Nail brush and soap... really dig fingernails into soap first.

I hate to worry you but carbon can leave permanent marks on/under the skin esp in combination of cuts and grazes? it?s a speciality of coal miners (there?s nickname for it up north??blueskin??)

Queen Firey-Bou

OhOh, prehaps i should stop joking about having a nice goatie then, lest i do end up with a blue shadow beard permenant. After that other night, you couldn't tell who needed a   shave & who was the girl.

Link: http://www.thisisnorthscotland.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=84092&command=displayContent&sourceNode=83929&contentPK=4277665" target="_blank">Sue their asses !