Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rara Avis

If they're doing an extended run will premium subscribers get more figurines and what not?

Tomwe

Rara Avis

Ah!

How was this communicated? Did you get a letter with your sub ?

IndigoPrime

Did anyone get a letter about the extension? It was listed in the Hachette portal, but I don't know anyone who got one.

Rara Avis

I genuinely don't know - my subs get messed up every few months so if changes are being sent by letter with that months issues I might not have got it. I didn't know this was being extended until I checked here and had no idea that the premium subscription was not going to continue. I work full time and study part time so I'm probably not as on top of this as I could be. It usually takes me 2 months to notice I've missed something :

I know I have received letters about other things in the past; the covers editions for example.

Tomwe

Quote from: Rara Avis on 10 February, 2021, 07:36:02 PM
Ah!

How was this communicated? Did you get a letter with your sub ?
All information was via the FB page. I can't find a specific answer to quote you now other than when they recently listed all the figurines and stopped at the one delivered with #80.

Easiest way to see it is that your payment should have decreased by a couple of quid a month.

Rara Avis

I'm not on facebook because I clearly like living life in hard mode.

There was Nemesis, Death, Halo Jones, Dredd and Dante - was that it?

I did notice the change this month but can't say for sure with previous months because reasons I won't bored you with related to my account info. It has been a nightmare for me.

Jade Falcon

Wasn't there also a Rogue Trooper figure?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Rara Avis

Well fuck, I see that was despatched back in Sep 2019 so probably no chance of getting it replaced now. I've contacted them anyway but I'm not getting my hopes up. If they can't replace it this has been a complete waste of time and money. I remember having issues with my subs around that time and they have replaced the issues but not the figurine. I'm absolutely furious - I remember having to call and sort it out and being assured that no figurines were issued at that time and I hadn't missed out on anything.

Tjm86

I wouldn't hold out much hope either.  I was never sent the last print of the Mega Collection.  I chased up, received a platitudinous email and then ....

Another reason why I decided to leave the Ultimate collection alone.

Rara Avis

I've gone through what I have received and am missing some older issues (10 and 27 for example). To say I'm bitterly disappointed is somewhat of an understatement. I'll notify them of what I'm missing - some of the later ones may not have been issued yet and see if we can shore up the gap. I'm not getting my hopes up that the RT figure will be replaced. The whole thing feels like a complete waste of time and money and yet there it sits in my living room - a testament to my naivete and folly.

Anyway some nice sounds for this Friday morning : https://www.aor.am/

Barrington Boots

The Fiends book is absolutely mint.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

leethomson

I'd sort of hoped Hachette might use the extension to reset relationships with subscribers, so that we'd get the books first, but I guess not. Glad to hear it's a good read though - looking forward to it!

IndigoPrime

My deliveries for the past four months average out at just over 30 days, and so it looks like we're very gradually slipping even further, which is quite something. Oh well. I guess that's just the way Hachette functions now (which still baffles me).

sintec

Umming and ahhing over the offers on digital copies of Harlem Heroes and M.A.C.H1 in the 2000AD shop.  I already have the Dare books in hardback so those would give me the majority of the intial progs.

Can't decide if I should hold out for a physical copy of Harlem Heroes - Bellardinelli art is appealing. Similarly not sure if M.A.C.H1 is worth it?