Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MumboJimbo

That seems to be a great time for the prog, David! In fact, mid-1998 and prog 1100 seems to be a real turning point. BLAIR-1 had been killed off in prog 1098, marking the sacrificial end of the marketing-hook stories and then by 1104 you've got a great run of Dredd, Slaine, SinDex, Dante and Mazeworld, with an amazing roster of 2000 AD talent, established and new, of Wagner, Ezquerra, Grant, Ranson, Mills, Abnett, Fraser, Robbie Morrison etc. What a time to be a reader!

Bad Andy

Quote from: Bad Andy on 23 August, 2021, 12:20:13 PM
I've only read about 30% of the collection so far but I am struggling with Nemesis so much. I remember really enjoying it when I was younger and now I pick up Book 3 and see that John Hinckleton is a main artist. Ugh.

Books 19 - 28 - Nemesis/ABC Warriors and then 80 odd books of Slaine. I'm going to struggle there.

In fairness to Uncle Pat, a lot of Torquemada's vitriol is playing more realistic in the 2020s than I found it back in the late 80s. Some phrases could have easily been said by Trump. And some by Boris.

Bad Andy

New delivery.

Defoe & Grey Area

I did defer for a bit

IndigoPrime

Brink 2 and Absalom just showed up here. The former includes Hate Box and has an identical cover to the upcoming TPB of book four, which is out in November. So: barg.

leethomson

sintec

Got a reply from Hachette's FB people re further Tor Cyan stories:

2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Hey Dave,
There will be no further Tor Cyan stories.
Apologies for any disappointment!

Guess that means something else will be padding out the War Machine volume

abelardsnazz

Quote from: sintec on 13 September, 2021, 04:45:22 PM
Got a reply from Hachette's FB people re further Tor Cyan stories:

2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Hey Dave,
There will be no further Tor Cyan stories.
Apologies for any disappointment!

Guess that means something else will be padding out the War Machine volume

The 86ers or possibly some of the Steve White stuff?

Qwertyburger

The Covers for issues 105 - 107 are up on the Hachette website.

The Order - 105 - https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/the-order/

Grey Area Vol.2 - 106 - https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/grey-area-volume-two/

Defoe Vol.2 - 107 - https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/defoe-volume-two/

Loving all three but in particular the covers for Defoe and The Order.

Southstreeter

How many series of The Order do you think will be in there? I already have the sadly discontinued after only one volume collection, which had series 1 & 2.

levers

272 pages in The Order volume according to the website. Worth picking up?

broodblik

The Order as a collection will work great. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but a very enjoyable series.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

The Order is fantastic and a recent re-read as part of my ... well re-read has done nothing to dampen that view. Ignore the naysayer, shun the say nots and embrace the greatness that is The Order.

Southstreeter

I love the Order and was annoyed the original collection stopped after one volume. 272 pages must be the first four books, I guess. Think we've had five in the prog?

levers

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 September, 2021, 01:39:16 PM
Brink 2 and Absalom just showed up here. The former includes Hate Box and has an identical cover to the upcoming TPB of book four, which is out in November. So: barg.

I have the Brink books on order from Hachette. I've been assured they'll turn up by Friday.

Hadn't realised there was an epilogue to Absalom so I'm now faced with the prospect of triple dipping the final two thirds of the series for all of 6(?) previously unread pages!

sintec

Quote from: Southstreeter on 14 September, 2021, 10:22:31 PM
I love the Order and was annoyed the original collection stopped after one volume. 272 pages must be the first four books, I guess. Think we've had five in the prog?

First 4 books is 250 pages of strip according to Barney so that adds up about right.

Disappointing to see that Defoe is going to be one story short of the whole run. Colin MacNeil's name on the cover means we'll be getting Diehards but no mention of Stewart Kenneth Moore means no Divisor. And with just that 1 story left there's not going to be enough strip left to fill a book :( I guess they could do some mixed volumes to tie up loose ends but I'm not going to bet on it. Shame.