Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

I've since learned that it may actually be in volume 18, but isn't listed in the official lists of contents?
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 22 November, 2021, 10:36:00 PM
I've since learned that it may actually be in volume 18, but isn't listed in the official lists of contents?

Joining John Cassavetes on the list of things that Justice Dept doesn't want us to know!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our mega twenty-ninth episode Eli and Conrad continue their patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with volume two, issues 23 to 26 of the Judge Dredd Megazine, covering March and April 1993. This episode Anderson finds Jesus, Dredd fights Mechanismo, Sleeze 'n' Ryder find America, Al's Baby flies to an end, and Heavy Metal Dredd is filthy!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and seventy-fifth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 836-839 of 2000AD, covering May & June 1993. This episode we're rolling forward with Firekind, Armoured Gideon, closing down Kano, thrilling to the return of the Muzak killer and chilling to the start of Tharg's Terror Tales!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

The Monarch

a moment of silence for conrad and fox murdered in their prime by big dave

Leigh S

All joking aside, and knowing that Conrad is otherwise distracted by his big move, I do in my darker moments of waiting for the next episode worry if Fox has just thrown up his hands in despair at Big Dave and is refusing to go any further.

Watch now as BD becomes Fox's favourite Thrill....

Quote from: The Monarch on 25 January, 2022, 01:06:28 PM
a moment of silence for conrad and fox murdered in their prime by big dave

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 29 January, 2022, 10:41:57 PM
All joking aside, and knowing that Conrad is otherwise distracted by his big move, I do in my darker moments of waiting for the next episode worry if Fox has just thrown up his hands in despair at Big Dave and is refusing to go any further.

Watch now as BD becomes Fox's favourite Thrill....

I'm thinking that ignorance of some of the Brit cultural references would be a blessing when it comes to that period of 2000AD's history...

Leigh S

OK, so is this when we need to take to the streets?

"They've taken our comic podcast!"

SpaceSpinner2000

In our mega thirty-first episode Eli and Conrad continue their patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with volume two, issues 27-30 of the Judge Dredd Megazine, covering May & June 1993. This episode both Dredd and Hershey are after serial killers, Harke, Burr, and the Missionary Man are traveling the Cursed Earth, and Judge Anderson is on Mars!

Sorry for the delay, we should be back to weekly episodes starting now!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Colin YNWA

WAYHEY - good to have you back!

sheridan

Good to have you back, shall listen during my lunch hour today!

Leigh S

Hurrah!

Making Mondays more manageable again!

Leigh S

In celebration, I have updated the SS2000 spreadsheet

There have been 203 episodes focusssing purely on the progs, with solidarity occuring 36% of the time.

There have been 100 individual stories

Bottom Thrills:

Colony Earth           -100%
Rick Random           -100%
Fervent & Lobe   -100%
Trash                   -100%
Mind of Wolfie Smith   -78%
Harlem Heroes II     -77%
Robo-Hunter II     -68%
Death Planet             -67%
Wireheads             -67%
Kola Kommandos     -63%

Top Thrills:

Skizz                  35%
Indigo Prime           36%
Harry 20                   42%
ABC Warriors           47%
Visible Man           50%
Hewligans Haircut   50%
Durham Red           50%
Shako                   63%
Revere                   63%
Mean Machine           67%
Halo Jones           70%

Note both of these are a percentage of times they could be voted for as top or bottom - so Colony Earth appeared in 3 episodes and was voted bottom thrill each time by both Conrad and Fox.

Halo Jones appeared in 10 episodes and was voted top 7 times by each of them.

Obviously context is everything - Nemesis and Stront had tougher competition than Mean Machine and Durham Red for example.  Also having one good but short run helps you score better, though all that makes Halo Jones performance even more impressive!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 March, 2022, 08:14:44 PM

Oh that is fantastic - and also very revealing. Poor ol' Kola Kommandos and Wolfie they didn't deserve such a hard time.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 March, 2022, 09:06:23 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 01 March, 2022, 08:14:44 PM

Oh that is fantastic - and also very revealing. Poor ol' Kola Kommandos and Wolfie they didn't deserve such a hard time.

I'm sure Kola Kommandos will get bumped out once Big Dave is covered...