Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Thanks, had a great time revisiting the annual!

Fungus

Still plenty episodes behind the latest but making progress... nice today to hear the guys reach my first published letter and deem it 'great'. 99% sure anyway, based on the description and the ballpark prog being covered (would need to check the progs to prove it). 'Some kid', haven't been called that for ages  :)

Time-travel is weird. Hootin' heck...!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 334-337 of 2000AD, covering September and October of 1983. Join us as Sláine goes on a mission, Dredd starts the midnight shift, and Nemesis the Warlock and Strontium Dog return!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Fungus on 11 June, 2018, 02:44:55 AM
Still plenty episodes behind the latest but making progress... nice today to hear the guys reach my first published letter and deem it 'great'. 99% sure anyway, based on the description and the ballpark prog being covered (would need to check the progs to prove it). 'Some kid', haven't been called that for ages  :)

Time-travel is weird. Hootin' heck...!

Thanks! Sorry, I wish we could cover all the individual letters and reader art and stuff, but it'd take super long. I guess at some point I should stop assume everyone who writes in is a young person, but that day is not today! :D
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Colin YNWA

Arh man Prog 335, so good and while its easy to get wrapped in a big love blanket with that issue and grease up your thrill glands with its gooey goodness I think the point you make at the end really carries.

Prog 335 is just the start and those stories are with use for the rest of 1983 (pretty much) and then we get a slightly different type of thrill gush that's almost as good!

Pyroxian

Great episode (as always), but Z-cars is pronounced Zed-cars, not Zee cars!

sheridan

Quote from: Pyroxian on 12 June, 2018, 09:26:56 AM

In the same way that i'd say Poppy Zee Brite, even though I'd usually say Zed (though Zed is a character in Pulp Fiction - how does that work?)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Frank

Quote from: Pyroxian on 12 June, 2018, 09:26:56 AM

According to Brian Blessed, it's pronounced Z-fucking-Cars. He played a character called Fancy-fucking-Smith.

https://youtu.be/ZH4cWoetw4s?t=5m8s

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: sheridan on 12 June, 2018, 12:49:13 PM
In the same way that i'd say Poppy Zee Brite, even though I'd usually say Zed (though Zed is a character in Pulp Fiction - how does that work?)

The "Z as Zed" thing is something that I know I'll never remember. I just didn't learn it that way, you know? The Zed in Pulp Fiction might be a Zedekiah, sometimes people get weird biblical names and shorten them down like that, for instance Jeb being Jedidiah or whatever. I don't think the character was just named "Z" but I could also be totally wrong! :D

Richard

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

SpaceSpinner2000

In the second part of our thrilling hundred and third episode, Conrad continues the conversation with Steven Green. He's the co-director of Search/Destroy, the Strontium Dog fan film, the cinematographer of Judge Minty, the Judge Dredd fan film, and visual effects artist for the recent Rogue Trooper: The Quartz Massacre fan film! We talk about his history with movies and 2000AD films in particular. I hope you enjoy it! If you'd like to be on a Sci Special or Annual episode, please contact the show!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Steve Green

Thanks for having us on!

I apologise for the many y'knows in advance.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and fifth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 338-341 of 2000AD, covering October and November of 1983. Join us as Dredd finishes the graveyard shift, we learn the truth about Venus Bluegenes, we'll meet a bunch of characters including Sláine's Dad, a futuristic necromancer in Strontium Dog, and an old friend in Nemesis the Warlock. BIG JOBS!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Leigh S

"Once Rogue leaves, Venus just tosses Helm off".... :o

The Moses Incident is probably my favourite Stront tale - as you rightly identify, Stront and the fantastic somehow fit at least as much as Stront and Western.  Remind me to pitch the Malak Brood Origin story to Dogbreath!

Add to that peak Nemesis, Graveyard Shift, and God damn Slaine....

Wouldnt have put Uptown Girl so early in the 80s!