Main Menu

The Scream Comic Files

Started by repoman, 21 April, 2020, 10:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: repoman on 01 May, 2020, 03:05:06 PM
The Hibernia reprints are going to be impossible to price up as they never seem to come up for sale on eBay so I've no idea if they're worth like 10p or a lot more.

Have they all sound out - some might still be available ... hold on... oh apparently not. Only the Doomlord issue. So ignore that.

Richard

No don't ignore that. Doomlord wasn't in Scream, but you should still read it because it was brilliant.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 01 May, 2020, 10:29:17 PM
No don't ignore that. Doomlord wasn't in Scream, but you should still read it because it was brilliant.

Oh sorry no that's not what I meant at all - I meant ignore that you might be able to get the Scream stuff at cover still.

Christ yeah as I've said many times before here the Doomlord collection is absolutely superb and defo pick it up!

repoman

Does anyone have Eagle 505 (the final one) and the ability to scan Max's final message to the fans?

I'd like to include it but I've not got the issue and before I faff about with eBay I was hoping someone could help me out.

ta!

maryanddavid

The first Hibernia 13th collection had a decentish print run, the second was low and long out of print.  I'd doubt they go for much now since Rebellion brought out their great collection.

For more Scream content;

German Scream:

The 13th Floor was also reprinted in the Eagle Weekly?monthly in the ninties

Fleetway Quality reprinted Scream material in its 666 title

repoman

Hi, thanks for that.  I knew about 666 and the Eagle reprints but not German Scream.  If you posted an image it didn't come through but I'll look for it.

M.I.K.

You've also missed out a couple of 13th floor covers from your latest entry on the site, (probably because they're wraparounds and not immediately obvious until you see the other half of the image on the back).

Eagle covers

You're missing issues 163 and 197 and you may also want to include the cover of issue 238 because it reuses Scream artwork 'cos it comes with the first part of a free Hallowe'en poster game thingy, (also covered in Scream artwork). More info about that HERE.

repoman

Quote from: M.I.K. on 05 May, 2020, 02:49:16 PMyou may also want to include the cover of issue 238 because it reuses Scream artwork 'cos it comes with the first part of a free Hallowe'en poster game thingy, (also covered in Scream artwork). 

Dude, your link is so helpful there.  I did spot this cover and noted that the skull markers are the same that Scream used on their holiday special back covers a couple of times but I couldn't find the game board (or pieces) and so kind of bailed on it.

Thanks for the wraparounds too. 

Awesome stuff.  Thanks!

M.I.K.

Another missed Thirteenth Floor cover - Eagle and Tiger issue 205.

(noticed it in a preview of the upcoming second volume)

repoman

Quote from: M.I.K. on 30 July, 2020, 04:32:26 PM

Thanks, MIK.  I'll check it out.

repoman

Quote from: M.I.K. on 30 July, 2020, 04:32:26 PM

Malcolm, what are these two?

It says 'New Eagle' but beyond that I don't see issue numbers.  Are these reprints?

http://screamcomic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/scream-comic-co-uk-new-eagle-1.jpg
http://screamcomic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/scream-comic-co-uk-new-eagle-2.jpg

Tjm86

A lot of the last couple of years (1991-3) of Eagle were mainly reprint.  IIRC the 13th Floor stuff at this stage was.  I'd have to dig through to be sure.

Richard

When Scream! was cancelled it was merged into the Eagle, and Max from the Thirteenth Floor became the Eagle's editor (like Tharg in 2000AD). The Eagle didn't have issue numbers, only dates, rather unhelpfully.