Main Menu

The Stringbags

Started by Tjm86, 05 June, 2020, 07:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Just ordered the hardback. Only 99 pence more thank the digital release, so worthwhile. (I think the price difference was quite different when I initially ordered, which may be part of the reasons for their cancellation then.)

Mardroid

... and received yesterday. I've yet to read it, but based on first observation, it's a lovely produced item.

Mardroid

I finished this today. As mentioned earlier, I'm not really a fan of war comics but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I[spoiler] felt a bit emotional at the end.[/spoiler]

A story well told and beautifully drawn and coloured. Well done to all involved.

It was very educational. I knew that biplanes ruled the skies during the Great War, (albeit different models) but I never knew they were so widely deployed during world war 2, and as torpedo bombers too!

Colin YNWA

Well inbetween listening to the Starlordathon and house work and reading to the kids I've been finishing reading this tonight and luckily the latest episode of the Starlordathon was delayed starting which gave me time to ... gather myself after the ending. Jez I've read some powerful stuff from Ennis and co-creators in the past but spending so much time with Archie, Ollie and Pops in such a short period seemed to make it hit home harder.

Man that was some comic.

PJ carries off the art is stunning technical expertise, but the story is made by this emotional expertise. The look on Otto Ciliax's face (the German Admiral with then quote) just carries so much. Its just wonderful art.

Man typing about it so soon after finishing it - even with the chat in the background has made me all emotional again... its very dusty in here...

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 July, 2020, 09:27:29 PM
Man typing about it so soon after finishing it - even with the chat in the background has made me all emotional again... its very dusty in here...

My house was also very dusty at the end of The Stringbags.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 July, 2020, 10:06:22 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 July, 2020, 09:27:29 PM

My house was also very dusty at the end of The Stringbags.

Bloody dusty houses!