Main Menu

PlayStation 5 / Xbox Series X mega-thread!

Started by Darren Stephens, 14 June, 2020, 11:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

One advantage of GamePass is that it leads me to games that I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Would I have bought Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? Probably not, but it's the most atmospheric game I've played in years. Similarly I wouldn't have paid for Flight Simulator, but I've passed a few relaxing hours flying over familiar and unfamiliar landscapes. Wonderful.

Pete Wells

I have both, and I must say, the Xbox is getting the most play time. You're right about playing games you normally wouldn't CalHab, I downloaded the Plague Tale game the other day and it was excellent. Highly recommended if you enjoyed Hellblade.

Link Prime

Nothing against Microsoft / Xbox, but for me the 360 generation AAA titles like Halo and Gears of War kinda peaked at the time, and I haven't felt the need to upgrade and play the sequels.
PlayStation exclusives always held a bit more interest for me too - Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, God of War - to name some of the best titles.

That said - I never got to play / replay the legendary Banjo Kazooie games since they went Xbox exclusive!

Quote from: MumboJimbo on 30 August, 2021, 05:16:10 PM
Frankly I just can't see myself ever spending £70 on a game

Game prices for PS and Xbox always consistently and significantly drop in my experience, I wouldn't get a new release for either system unless I really wanted to play it.

Nintendo AAA titles on the other hand hold their value like gold bullion.