Main Menu

Andy Chambers talks about Warlord Games' Strontium Dog & Judge Dredd Games

Started by The Bissler, 28 January, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Now that the Andy Chambers interview is completed, I was wondering what 2000AD gamers would like me to do next?

More podcasts with me talking about how the games captured some of the flavour of the strips?

Discussions about the different units?

A How To Play Tutorial?

Battle Reports? Should I complete the Strontium Dog "Conspiracy" video series I started? e.g. https://youtu.be/yZxsc8U3LU0
https://youtu.be/VUc1yx3kL2I

The Bissler

I've finally posted the interview up as a single podcast! There's no additional discussion, just to save people clicking on two links!

https://youtu.be/_X2U9sSQmtA

Barrington Boots

Cheers dude. I'm not a huge podcast guy but I enjoyed this. Going forward I'm always a fan of Battle Reports..
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Bissler

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 22 February, 2021, 12:37:37 PM
Cheers dude. I'm not a huge podcast guy but I enjoyed this. Going forward I'm always a fan of Battle Reports..

Thanks BB - and I appreciate you letting me know what you'd like to see! I've had a few requests elsewhere to put together a how to play video, so apologies in advance, but I think that will be first. That said, if I could trouble you to ask a little bit more about the battle reports, would you prefer to see the game played out real time or something more in the vein of my Strontium Dog battle reports which are really narrative driven and boil the action right down to a minimum? Videos for the latter don't really explain the mechanics as such and would last probably only for about 10-20 mins overall, whereas realtime play would probably come in around the 1/2 hour to 2 hour mark depending on size of game. Making realtime videos are easier to do than the large amounts of video editing I do for the other ones, but I have my doubts about how many people would really be interested in watching something that long so your thoughts are welcomed!

Barrington Boots

No need to apologise to me!

Personally I prefer a shorter video due to time constraints. Definitely narrative for me - like the old battle reports you'd get in White Dwarf. I liked the previous SD battle reports, I'm not sure I'd watch a 2 hour video of a full battle in all honesty but I'm not sure how well I represent the average user.
I'd say do what you are happiest doing, tbh

The Bissler

This is good to know, thanks! I enjoy doing the bite-size narrative-heavy videos (and agree with you that I personally think they're more interesting and accessible to watch than raw footage of a game) but, equally, I would have understood too if there was a preference to show a game unfold in realtime so people can really understand the mechanics and see the ebb and flow of a game unfold in full unedited realtime. I've heard anecdotally though that a lot of people watch these longer videos while they are painting their own minis, so I wouldn't rule it out if I felt there were people who would prefer that kind of report. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts Mr Barrington Boots! I know you're not a man to be trifled with, so it's greatly appreciated!  ;)

I'd welcome thoughts from other forum members too about what they'd like to see!

Barrington Boots

Quote from: The Bissler on 24 February, 2021, 02:47:34 PM
I know you're not a man to be trifled with, so it's greatly appreciated!  ;)

You're welcome and good spot on the reference!

I've never considered a video whilst painting - I usually prefer music - but I will give this a try!

The Bissler

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 24 February, 2021, 03:55:57 PM

You're welcome and good spot on the reference!

I've never considered a video whilst painting - I usually prefer music - but I will give this a try!
[/quote]

'Outlaw' is my favourite ever Strontium Dog storyline so I got lucky there!

Yes, I love my music so I would choose to listen to music as well! But if people find my videos or podcasts fun and/or relaxing to watch/listen to while they paint, I'm chuffed with that!