Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Black Atlantic vs M.A.C.H.0. Rd 1 Heat 72

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 December, 2021, 07:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You've been very patient with me and indulged these matches with a diligence and rigour that I'm amazed by. That said, with X-Mas coming up I think we'll have a week off after this week (9), so we can start the new year with fresh energy for the end of Round 1 and brace ourselves as we go into Round 2 (and I can have a little time to prep the biggest single round of any tourney to date!). It would be nice to end on a high... it would be, but the draws the draw...

We enter the X-Mas break with one of Tharg's forgotten gems - well by my reading - M.A.C.H.O. span out of M.A.C.H.1. And for me presented a far more interesting thrill with some beautifully atmospheric art. Will 2000ad's anachronistic Hulk be able to SMASH a short lived Dan Abnett thrill?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Black Atlantic - more info

Vs.

M.A.C.H.O - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of BOXING DAY - yes X-Mas is a time for family, celebration and counting up tourney results and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Whereas I bloody love me some MACH Zero. Black Atlantic, meanwhile, is a forgotten fake-gem. I mean, it's servicable, but you wouldn't want to put it in a ring.

abelardsnazz

Blue Cactus

Haven't read MACH-0. Black Atlantic was ok but I think I'll abstain this time. Really no reason for me to type this out, was there?

sheridan

norton canes

M.A.C.H. Zero was utterly brilliant, a wonderful showcase for Mike Dorey's grimy, gruesome artwork.

M.A.C.H. Zero

rogue69

Funt Solo

M.A.C.H. Zero for me.

The Black Atlantic should instill fear in out hearts, but instead came across more as Beano Atlantic. Not a bad strip, but not the strip the deadly ocean bordering the Mega-City needs. See also: Citi-Def, Harke & Burr, Sleeze 'n' Ryder, Soul Sisters...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I mean you may have better things to do, but if you fancy this one is still going and you can vote today if you like.... I mean come one what better way to spend X-Mas isa there? I'll be there in the morning to count up regardless.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well it was all one way traffic here and while a shut out is normally a feat to be celebrated BUT M.A.C.H.0 does so in the single quietest tourney to date, by quite some margin. There were a few abstainstions which is a real shame as

M.A.C.H.0

Is a really great early thrill, with glorious dark art and a gritty underbelly (is having a gritty underbelly a good thing, it was meant to be as I typed it!?!) an early thrill that really should be more findly remembered. Still it has a chance to prove itself again in Round 2.

And that its we're having a break for a week. See you in the new year.

Link Prime