Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Tales of MC-1 vs. Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales Rd 2 Heat 100

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 April, 2022, 06:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Look, there's just four weeks of the seemingly unending Round 2 to go and then we get to Round 3 which I think will be much much juicer... that said I've loved Round 2. The mismatches, the cruelty of top tier thrills being drawn together. The discussion of long ignored thrills... but it has gone on and as we approach the end I have to be honest this is one of the weaker weeks, though that can often lead to the most interesting ties.

We hit the century - not out, with a couple of done in one series. It's sometimes hard to juggle what stories appeared in which series for these, but these two are pretty well defined, but just in case that's why I pop these linkies in...

Tales of MC-1 - more info

Vs

Ro-Jaws' Robo Tale - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday April 15th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

I think the Ro-Jaws stories work better in a Future Shocks way than the slice of life MC1 stories.

Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales.

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

I have to mentally squint quite hard to recall any specific Tale of Mega City 1 (was there one in a laundromat? And maybe another 'trapped in a killer car' story?). But I'm all over the fun of robots going wrong, whether they inlove stupid geniuses or werewolves or sentient bombs or any of them, really.

Ro-Jaws' Robo Tales

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Simple and quiet here. Very few votes, but next to no competition, which is not really surprising. Last day to catch up with this one and I'll count up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Shut outs are rare in this tourney to date, and I suspect they will get rarer but this is the second of this week already. I suspect that's more to do with the standard of opposition at this stage rather than a salute to those closing the goal to their opponent. This one was quiet and

Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales

might not find it so easy to take out the trash in Round 3.