Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Leatherjack vs. Hope Round 3 Heat 1

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2022, 06:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

credo

Leatherjack (although it is a little obvious in it's inspiration from Dune)

AlexF

Hah! But at least John Smith knows better than to take himself too seriously. Even the weirdy David Lynch version is a bit po-faced.

Colin YNWA

Well the first tie of Round 3 draws to a close and enters its final day. I have to be honest I thought this one would be closer, but no it seems to be going one way and one way only. Last day to join in though and I'll announce in the morning.

Link Prime

With Leatherjack I think we all expected a spiritual sequel of the same quality as Firekind.
Good as it was, it fell short on both plot and pencils.

Three series in, and Hope has yet to let me down.
Broxton is knocking it out of the park.

sintec

I've been umming and ahhing about this one as I really like both series. Think I'm going to go for Hope on the grounds that it feels more unique. It really captures the feel of it's setting brilliantly.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Don't get me wrong I really like Hope, but I LOVE Leatherjack. Its prime John Smith and John Smith is Prime 2000ad. So I was a little surprised how onesided this became. Don't get me wrong (reprise) Leatherkack got a lot of love, both in a number of votes, but the some of the votes for Hope, but it just wasn't close and

Hope

will be filming a new match in Round 4 (wow amazed I remembered to type Round 4, not 3!)