Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Lenny Zero vs. Max Normal Round 3 Heat 5

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2022, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well a very significant week in the tournament as we enter Round 3 after the seemingly unending Round two. We're down to the last 128 thrills and from here the quality will step up, but the choices start to get harder. But the lovely thing about this round is there is still plenty of room for mis-matches...

For a while I thought the two ties today might be the best I would get with kinda derby clashes... for a while... here we have two denizen's of Mega City One's underbelly coming head to head. Lenny Zero, who's seen off The Scrap and Pussyfoot 5 so far, lacks the class of the Man with the Mouth; the bloke who broke Satanus and Lilly Mackenzie, the one and only Pinstriped freak Max Normal.

Lenny Zero - more info

Vs

Max Normal - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 14th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

AlexF

Gotta be Max Normal - I'll take arch dialogue over smug double-crosses any day.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

I'm going with Lenny Zero. Max, for me, is a good supporting character but not one to carry a full tale: I've already forgotten his last story apart from the art whilst with Lenny, for all the smugness and unpleasantness the stories are a good dose of seedy MC1 and I do enjoy a clever twist.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

abelardsnazz

Agree with Barrington - Max is better as a supporting character.

Lenny Zero.

IndigoPrime

Lenny Zero was always far too smug (as a series as much as a character) but still a solid read, and with some fantastic art. But, frankly, it can go to hell for "sexual assault for lawks". That was one of the biggest flubs I've seen in 2000 AD's entire history.

Frankly, I'd have picked Dry Run or Junker over Lenny Zero because of that, but at least Max Normal is actually quite good.

Blue Cactus

Max Normal although I do agree I prefer him in a supporting role.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 11 May, 2022, 08:51:40 AM
I'm going with Lenny Zero. Max, for me, is a good supporting character but not one to carry a full tale: I've already forgotten his last story apart from the art whilst with Lenny, for all the smugness and unpleasantness the stories are a good dose of seedy MC1 and I do enjoy a clever twist.

Yep, you've said it in a nutshell. Lenny Zero.
@jamesfeistdraws

Huey2

Link Prime

Lenny Zero.

Smug? Maybe.
Witty? Yeah.
Entertaining? Hell yeah.

Aaron A Aardvark

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 May, 2022, 09:14:57 AM
But, frankly, it can go to hell for "sexual assault for lawks".
I have no memory of this, explain? I knew there was something that put me off LZ.

I was going to reread the whole of lowlife now they are much cheapness in the 2k shop,,,
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

The last couple of stories were a bit lacklustre for me, but for Diggle and Jock's MC1 is perfect.  Lenny Zero.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"