Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Sinister Dexter vs. Tao De Moto Rd 3 Heat 38

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 June, 2022, 06:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

(i loved tao de moto. in fact i loved all myra hancock's indie comics and was really excited when she started working in the prog. if the saga had continued it really would have been something - somewhere between full tilt boogie and halo jones; with art from the underrated david hine - who had a rare ability in this strip to really animate talking heads into something wistful and intriguing, as well As a great sense of design. sinister dexter, on the other hand, is often horrible, and has been in a loop (often literally) for far too many years. imho).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 08 June, 2022, 02:15:20 PM
... in fact i loved all myra hancock's indie comics and was really excited when she started working in the prog.

I bloody love Sticky Fingers, apart from New Statesmen its my favourite thing from Crisis.

AlexF

Tao de Moto was genuinely refereshing and great for about the first 12 episodes or so, but it got stuck in an irritating holding pattern of Sopalco being a bad guy / liar / good guy / arch-manipulator, and Tao herself seemed to have less and less to do as it went on. Of course every chance that Hancock could've turned the story around if she'd had the chance to do a second series instead of tying it all off in a Yearbook text story :(

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

While Sinister Dexter isn't getting its own way its got a clear lead here. We'll wrap this one up in the morning so get any last votes in today.

JayzusB.Christ

It meanders a bit these days compared to the cool, sassy and quick-fire SinDex of old, but it's still SinDex for me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Its great to see Tao De Moto get its due and get reflected on in ways its rarely does. As recent greats show 2000ad is often at its best when it does something that you don't necessary think naturely fits in the Prog. Brink, Thistlebone, Pandora Perfect etc etc and to do that some will fail. tao De Moto is such a great, brave failure though. So really pleased it ddin't get entirely lost in this. But come on

Sinister Dexter

deserves to go locked and loaded into Round 4 by a country mile.