Main Menu

Prog 1914 Crowd Buster

Started by Skullmo, 17 January, 2015, 12:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

My two-pennth on the new paper.

(And I am sorry as I don't like to criticise any one connected with bringing us our weekly thrill power.)

I really hope this is a one-off. It isn't just the black and white strips it is affecting, but the colour ones as well.

I can clearly see Fear's hand leaking through from the edge of page 2 of Dark Justice back onto page 1, same with Mortis's "nose" from page 1 through to page 2. On a positive note I like the way the pictures don't stick to the frames - it looks more dynamic that way.

Also a speech bubble on the last page of Orlock can be seen on the first page of The Order.

It is such a shame that this issue is happening right at the time of the long awaited Dark Justice which does have probably (in my opinion) some of the best looking art we have seen in a very long time.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

user2000

I'm a bit disappointed there's been no "official" word on this new paper travesty or have I missed something elsewhere?

I can only assume the digital versions don't come with this enhanced backwash?    :angel:

JamesC

ZenArcade

Discrimination against the 'real' prog readers I say. First I find to my shock and chagrin that some get their progs 4 days earlier and cheaper because they can't arse themselves to amble down to their local newsagent like the rest of us; then I find the latest prog to be of such a consistency that an asthmatic gnat could spit through it! What's going on here?? Z Ps I trust I haven't gone and alienated a large section of squaxxdom....I have haven't I. :-\
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Zenith 666

Yeah you tell it like it is Z.Earlier cheaper progs and free bloody gifts.Along with the best writers and artists in the business and your all still complaining.Spoiled little drokkers the lot of you.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JamesC on 21 January, 2015, 05:05:50 PM
I didn't even notice

Some of the language being used to talk about the paper stock is bafflingly self-righteous. Yes, it's a bit annoying because the blacks bleed through slightly on the b/w strips, but jeez - you've actually got folks demanding Rebellion make an official statement addressing their concerns!

I'm sure they're aware of how the new stock looks; I'm sure they'll try another one in due course; life is too short.
@jamesfeistdraws

user2000

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 January, 2015, 05:33:10 PM
I didn't even notice

Some of the language being used to talk about the paper stock is bafflingly self-righteous. Yes, it's a bit annoying because the blacks bleed through slightly on the b/w strips, but jeez - you've actually got folks demanding Rebellion make an official statement addressing their concerns!

I'm sure they're aware of how the new stock looks; I'm sure they'll try another one in due course; life is too short.

erm, surely one of the reasons I generally lurk, but I figure you're talking about me seeing as no one else has mentioned Rebellion, and it's not that hard to recall my post seeing as it's only just up the page there, I said I was "a bit disappointed".  Hardly self righteous!  Just because I don't post one and a half times a day doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

And if it comes across that way, so what, I have paid up front, in advance (yes it works out cheaper, but even so...) for a great many years now and I thought the days the prog was printed on see through paper long finished.

Skullmo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 21 January, 2015, 05:33:10 PM
I didn't even notice

Not just a statement, a formal apology! heads must roll!!  :lol:

I didn't notice either. But after reading all these comments I now cannot help but see it. it's like when you read a medical book and suddenly you notice you have those symptoms!!

I'm not that bothered about the paper stock as I read my prog in the bath anyway!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

I'll confess I didn't notice until it was pointed out.  It's not like the prog's unreadable. I'm more upset by twenty pages of American Reaper in the Meg, TBH, because, try as I might, I just can't read it.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

I can't say it bothered me too much, much as the bog paper of the early days didn't trouble me either.

J.Smith

I didn't notice it skipping through the Prog on Saturday but I did immediately see how bad it was in the Meg in DeMarco, P.I. due to the larger areas of white in Yeowell's artwork compared to the black and white work currently in the Prog (although I can clearly see it in that as well now that I've noticed it). Less noticeable in the coloured areas but it's there, even on the covers.

But as Jimbo said, I'm sure they must be aware of how it turned out and will probably have it fixed in due time.

Zenith 666

Artwork on Dredd is incredible.This Greg Staples is a talented fellow I reckon he'll go far.

ZenArcade

User2000 you are perfectly entitled to express an opinion and you should express it well and often. I ain't hung up on the paper quality in a big way as what's impressed on it is so good. But it is right to point out misgivings. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Theblazeuk

I'm with Jim. Mainly because I hate American Reaper.

RE: Dark Justice.... Great to see the Verminators again and frankly, I love this set-up. I'm never tired of the Alien Super Fiends. However one thing keeps bothering me. Where is this ship going??? It takes "years" to reach a star system? We've seen Dredd and co. muck about dozens of star systems! Insurrection was a whole bloody space war! Where is this ship going that it takes so long, why is it going there specifically and why can't it get there faster (and do they not expect to just get killed by Kleggs/Zhind/etc)....