Main Menu

I'm a bit stuck

Started by Cyberleader2000, 07 July, 2015, 10:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

ok so my books is basickily like me insane it involves alien invashion magic achient legends time trave and super heros and it is working well I'm so far very happy with the results my only problom I cant come up with good sounding names the sad thing is im trying to be bord spetram but dispite that I'm still stuck so my chatteres in my book currentley have a list of numberes or other leteres as there names worst case it took me 6 chapteres befor I came up with a name for my main chater so now i'm back tracking and replasing ????????? with his name so here is my qustion does any one have any good ways for comeing up with names ?
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Banners

Just stick some random letters together and we'll work things out.

The Legendary Shark

fantasynamegenerators.com/
random-name-generator.info/
www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php
'Phone book. Pick a name then alter the letters one up or down, so John Smith could either be Kujp Tnovj or Higm Rlesg, which you could refine to maybe Kujo T'Novij or Highm Relseg or something.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Cyberleader2000

got stuck with a plot point in my story basically one of my chaters is a cyborg and its got to the point in the story where everyone now out classes him and he gets heavily damaged or nearly destroyed on a regular baises and decides to upgrade every replacement part in his body problom is I've tried reserching it but I can not find what is the strongest metal eaither real or theoretical and before some ones serjests it I would perfer not to make one up I allways feel that is like cheating can any one give me a good arncer
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

TordelBack

Metal is for wimps! You'll be wanting organically woven nanofibres of geothyte, which serve the humble limpet for teeth, and apparently outdo steel, diamond, spider silk and most other stuff.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Conceptulist

Have you looked into nano material (e.g. nano carbon). There's a really strong flexible material that outclasses Kevlar, I can't remember its name off the tongue (It's definitely a carbon structure though).

Have you thought about inventing your own material? You could have a material made from carbon and helium molecules. The idea being the helium would draw the carbon closer to one another giving the material a greater density; of course, the only problem would be explaining how helium was forced to share its electrons without completely separating. You could possibly use a bit of science fiction with a less than scientific application of dark matter, so you could use dark matter's macroscopic theoretical influence on a microscopic scale to force the helium to remain in the exact same position where the carbons could possibly have enough of an electrostatic force to strip the helium for a second in a dipole-dipole convalent bond (and I mean in terms of science fiction, in real life that helium would've [spoiler]fucked[/spoiler] off before I even spoke the first syllable).
'Beasts and ghouls have always plagued our nightmares, but it is our own insecurities and failures that truly horrify us.'

Cyberleader2000

wow just wow these ideas are way better than what I was thinking not sure which one I like most but seeing as it worked out so well heres another problom I have i'm interducing one of the main villons he basically a scientist / engineer but seeing as hes a alien I'm trying to think of something that would sounds like this title with out using thros words (I'm explaing this in the worst way posibile)

another problom I'm having one of the main enforcers for the villons turns out to be one of the heros from the prolog that was thought dead he was atachily chaptured and basickily forced againt his will to become a enforcer now I was going to go with one of 3 opchions but seeing as my last idea paled in comparasion with the serjestions on here I'm going to throw my ideas out there and see what gets throne back

1 cybernetick or parasitick life-form straped into his nervises system attached to his neck and spine

2 mutipile cybernetick or parasitick life-form's inplanted right into his brain

3 the original idea ceribile control I started moveing away from this idea as I wanted to do other things with the chater who was controling him and having him controle him at time became inconvient to the plot

third thing I'm working on one of the reacoring villions get hold of a achient artifact called the infinity mirror he finds it on mars the mirror is used for looking into outher times realitys and demichions using the uniquick energy sorse that my book is about he decides to boost the mirrors cabilitys to find a time line where they beat the main hero and take what they used to do it things happen and it all goes wrong for him instead in the end of this part of the book he brings through and darker vershion of the hero not evil but with his schatered and distored view on the world hes decided that the only way to save people is to subjukate them under his control I'm trying to avoide the whole cleashie mirror universes idea but I want to trick the reader into first thinking its just a mirror universe story line then relised Ive taken a twist on it the idea behind it is that the only thing dirfent is at the start of his time as the hero in his universes he was unable to save his best friend so his story is basickily what would of happened to the hero if that friend was not around any more and how it would affect him

any body want to give me thorts and feed back on this idea
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Cyberleader2000

quick qustion when describing a character and what there whereing whats the best to do be vage or go into lots of detail how much do I leave to the imaginachion.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

hippynumber1

Depends how much you want to dictate to your audience. I'm personally for vague, if at all, unless what they're wearing has some significance.