Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

That's pretty low, Orlok. Hope he gets what's coming to him.

I've had about four hours sleep since midnight last night, spread out and broken into twenty minute chunks. Every time I got to sleep, my girlfriend woke me up by rolling over, fidgeting, pushing, kicking and generally freaking out. From 6 o'clock, she's been using me as a personal alarm, expecting me to wake her up every fifteen minutes, until she feels like getting up (6:45, fact fans). Once up, she stomped about, complaining loudly that the clothes I washed yesterday were in her way, as she knocked them onto the floor and trampled them. Oh, and grilling me over the whereabouts of her mobile phone. Because I always make a point of memorising the location of that, oh yes.

In the end, when I pointed out how unfair it was that she was keeping me awake, she hit back with the retort "You can always catch up - It's not like you've got to go to work or anything". Thanks for that. That's going to make the hours I spend today trying to secure a new job feel so much more worthwhile.

And this after I came out in the torrential rain yesterday to travel through flooded streets - many of which had been closed off - to give her a lift from work to her car, half a mile away, just so she wouldn't get wet. Well she can bloody swim today...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

House of Usher

Cyberleader2000, your parents have more important things to worry about right now, and Mobile Suit Z Gundam Heirs to the Stars a) will wait, and b) doesn't matter. We don't always get what we want, and sometimes we need to embrace disappointment to build character.

Orlok, that's a pretty outrageous story. Some people are so truly bloody terrible they can do nothing but cause misery. I'm appalled.

Noisybast, that's passive-aggressive. It's never easy being the main wage earner while a partner is staying at home keeping house and looking for work (and vice versa). My missus and I have both been there.

Roberta, whatever it is, I hope you can turn it around.

Comiserations to everybody, and I hope there are better times around the corner for everyone who's having to put up with stuff they'd rather not have to deal with right now.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 July, 2010, 11:14:37 AM
We don't always get what we want, and sometimes we need to embrace disappointment to build character.

Usher is secretly Calvin's Dad.

Sympathies to all afflicted with suckage great and small, although I would caution against being quite so specific about what are obviously legal matters, and may be again in the future.   The internet is forever.

Noisy: I've gone from being Man the Hunter to Royal Parasite over the last year, and it truly is a pain.  My missus has been incredibly good about it, and I still feel like shit - not sure how I'd handle it if I had it thrown in my face, but I would suggest talking about it over a drink.  And my own top tip for a happy relationship seems tangentially appropriate here:  get a bigger bed.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 July, 2010, 11:46:34 AM
Quote from: House of Usher on 21 July, 2010, 11:14:37 AM
We don't always get what we want, and sometimes we need to embrace disappointment to build character.

Usher is secretly Calvin's Dad.

I just need to learn to live by those same words of wisdom! It's a struggle sometimes.  :lol:
STRIKE !!!

locustsofdeath!

Cyberleader, perhaps your mum suggested you go to London by yourself because she knows you're not good with new places and get lost easily.

The Doctor Alt 8

I also surpose you have to decide what you want to achive...

I seriously doult that there is anyway of getting the money he defrauded back...

And even if you could get him successfully charged now, (depending on his previous criminal record) the most you'd likley get is him serving a few months in an open prision.

Sometimes the best thing to do for your own peace of mind is to walk away...

The Legendary Shark

Just make sure all his neighbours know. Make sure everyone knows down his local. In the shops he visits. Write a letter to the local newspaper - but keep it civil, dispassionate almost. Etc. Nothing is more painful than the truth, after all.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 07 July, 2010, 12:07:56 PMhere is the problem I'm not good with new places and I get lost easily and she suggests I go to London on my own!

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 July, 2010, 12:32:57 PM
Cyberleader, perhaps your mum suggested you go to London by yourself because she knows you're not good with new places and get lost easily.

Indeed. CL2k, you really can't hope to compete with me on travel incompetence (getting lost, turning up late or a week early or just about any combination of the above, plus near-death experiences trying to cross roads ;) ) - the key is: planning. Couldn't be easier in this day and age with just about everything you'll need just a click away - research your route, make sure you know which trains you are taking, book now, etc. and print everything off (perhaps even keep a folder/file for all the papers). Once you've done the research (and you leave yourself plenty of time) everything should go swimmingly.

It sounds like your folks have a lot on their plates, so (as long as you don't need a helper) it'd be a nice thing not to put any more pressure on them at this point and I'm sure you navigating a successful jaunt to see a film would be a nice thing for them as a sign they don't have to worry about you and can apply all their focus on the main problem in their life at the moment.

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 07 July, 2010, 12:07:56 PMSo right about now because yet again social services have ruined my life again I'm getting very tempted to go on a rampage through the office that's responsible for being dicks with a crowbar and some rusty nails.

I think you'll find social services do their best despite being massively underfunded and having an almost unmanageable caseload (I went out with a social worked for a bit you find this out pretty quickly when you see the other side of the coin and not just the more... "tabloid" take on things).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Doctor Alt 8

Emperor you seriously sound like  your a relative of a friend of mine.

Tell me ... Is your surname Eggleton by any chance?

M.I.K.

Three words... Google Street View.

Really handy for finding places before you've even left the house.

Emperor

Indeed - you can effectively walk the route virtually before doing so in person.

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 21 July, 2010, 04:04:13 PM

Nope. Rest assured if we were related I'd have told you by now. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Emperor Eggleton. Got me a character for me next short story  :D.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 21 July, 2010, 04:49:28 PM
Indeed - you can effectively walk the route virtually before doing so in person.

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 21 July, 2010, 04:04:13 PM

I wouldnt.

;)
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 21 July, 2010, 04:50:54 PM
Emperor Eggleton. Got me a character for me next short story  :D.

Oh no... what the HELL have I started NOW?

TordelBack

Quote from: Emperor on 21 July, 2010, 04:49:28 PM

So said Jocasta...