Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

That sounds like a story worth telling in more detail... :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

Quote from: mogzilla on 19 August, 2010, 12:05:36 AM
nothing seems to be broken and shes calming down now but we will have to check it tomorrow...

How'd the arm pan out in the end, Mogz? 

locustsofdeath!

Yeah Mogzilla, hope all is well with the little one. Nothing scarier or upsetting than your little one being hurt or sick.

Vidar

Or are you just being "honest"?

Mike Carroll

Fun and games at the ATM today... Got there microseconds after a couple only a few years older than me. He looked dazed, she had two crutches (walking perfectly, I later noticed, yet she carried crutches nevertheless). They were deep in conversation for a minute or two, then realised that it would be a good idea to find her bag. This took some doing, as it was hidden in the bottom of an otherwise empty shopping trolley.

Once located, the bag was opened and another expedition was launched, this one in search of her purse. The bag was not that big, yet somehow the purse was pretty elusive. However, it was found before far too long, and then Expedition #3 began, this one in search of the ATM card.

By this stage, the line behind me was out the door, a dozen or more people bobbing up and down and leaning left and right to see past the people ahead of them, in the hope of determining the cause of the delay.

The correct card was located - yay! - and then the woman had to explain to the gentleman why it hadn't been in the part of her purse that she'd expected. This explanation was carried out promptly and efficiently, with a minimum of fuss, and lasted only about half a minute or so. Of course, a sane person would have put the card into the machine and THEN embarked on the explanation, but no, that would have been too tasking.

The machine eventually vomited out its Euro notes, and the lady put her card back into her purse, her purse into the bag, the bag into the trolley. This last series of actions was done with great care, deliberation, and much clattering of pointless crutches against trolley. Again, the action of a sane person might be to move to the side while carrying out this difficult task, but no, they remained in front of the machine until it was done, and then they realised that they'd been holding up a lot of people.

This realisation came with all the speed and grace of a dead snail and was not - as you might expect - followed by a hurried apology. It was followed by a conversation on how busy the place was. And STILL they didn't move away from the machine.

My own transaction, when the Gods finally decreed it was my turn to have a go on the ATM, took eleven seconds. I counted.

-- Mike

The Doctor Alt 8

TordelBack

Ahh Mike, you should be a writer.   ;)

Tiplodocus

Nothing too complicated. I referred to my boss as a "syphlitic old whore" and she took it to heart. The evening went downhill from there really.

My comment was in a joke context but that in no way excuses it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

uncle fester

It's quite a well worded insult, if nothing else, Tips...  :)

Peter Wolf

People are too polite for their own good.After reading the ATM saga someone should have really told the selfish dimwit woman to get a move on.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Buttonman

The trouble with an ATM saga like Mike's is that when it is your turn performance anxiety kicks in and you put your card the wrong way around or make a bad choice like go for 'mobile top up' when you were after cash.

I had a panicy moment at the train ticket machine that had been coverted to not take coins and I was frantically motioning with my coinage as the queue tutted.

No doubt if Mike was behind me he'd have booted me in the nuts (again).

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 August, 2010, 05:54:25 PM
People are too polite for their own good.After reading the ATM saga someone should have really told the selfish dimwit woman to get a move on.

I would have  ;)

davethomson

People that take longer than necessary at ATM's are the epitome of evil! The one closet to where I live seems to frequented by young women in tracksuits with hundreds of cards. Once it gets to their turn they put them in one by one, checking the balance on each and taking a tenner out of each till they have something like £200.

Who are they and why do they have so many fucking cards?
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Darren Stephens

Some woman the other day saw me heading for the same ATM as she was, so she literally ran to get in front of me...then proceeded to take FUCKING AGES to get her money out. Like Mike, I had my cash within seconds. People, eh?!  :(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Noisybast

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 20 August, 2010, 05:40:08 PM
Nothing too complicated. I referred to my boss as a "syphlitic old whore" and she took it to heart. The evening went downhill from there really.

My comment was in a joke context but that in no way excuses it.

That sounds like it could get quite complicated, to be honest, Tips! The perils of alcohol, eh? Hope she's seen the funny side by Monday! :)
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!