Main Menu

Treasury of British Comics announces 2020 collections schedule

Started by IndigoPrime, 20 January, 2020, 09:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

QuoteI'd love the same cover but in a dark blood red this time.
Same. Keep the design, but change the colour. Job done!

Dash Decent

Quote from: M.I.K. on 22 January, 2020, 05:30:14 AM
Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 21 January, 2020, 12:40:10 PM
Was hoping for Leo Baxendales Willy The Kid getting picked up after Sweeney Toddler, I have fond memories of it from when I was young and the books seem to go for a premium on Ebay...

Rebellion won't own the rights to reprint the Willy The Kid books. They were published by Duckworth Books and Leo Baxendale probably kept hold of the copyright. My guess would be that the rights now belong to Baxendale's family.

I'm still hoping they will reprint the Bad Time Bed Time Stories.  Leo Baxendale did almost all the first 28 and perhaps one or too later ones and they're hard to get hold of.  They were done as those 'cut out and keep' type mini comics where two pages were reduced to fit on a single page (i.e. cut one page out of the comic, turn it on its side and fold it in half and you've got four pages of mini-comic).  As such it's been notoriously hard for collectors to get intact issues of Monster Fun, so collecting them up seems like a good selling point.

I'm also hoping for another volume of Sweeny Toddler.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

No mention of the four Sexton Blake books (here and further in). I wonder what imprint they will be under.  I suppose they miss out on being part of the Treasury line as, although undeniably and resolutely British, they aren't comics! (At least not the stories being reprinted in this line.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

Has the Wildcat series been put on hold? Was hoping for the third volume this year.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd