Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

how much of the order do we still have? the first one reprinted a huge chunk of it

IndigoPrime

Two books, maybe? Dunno. Regardless, I'm sure Matt would be able to find something as a backup, like he did with Kingdom/Shako. (Hmm. Now I wonder about whether we might see Armoured Gideon as a backup strip for The Order, which would be logical. Or whether AG will get its own book.)

Max Headroom

Quote from: The Monarch on 22 November, 2023, 04:54:11 AMhow much of the order do we still have? the first one reprinted a huge chunk of it

'The Order' still has the following unprinted:

'Inbetween Days' - Prog 2182
'Land of the Free' - Progs 2184-2195
'Fantastic Voyage' - Progs 2262-2272
'Hearts of Darkness' - progs 2317-2329

I think the above should be okay to facilitate another book. Fingers crossed!

IndigoPrime

So that's got to be around 200 pages or so, right? There have been thinner books in this collection. The Order kind of lost me towards the end, but I'm convinced it'd work better collected (rather like Red Seas). Fingers crossed...

Richard

Dan Dare wouldn't exactly be 2000AD putting its best foot forward. I hope they do something else.

IndigoPrime

I guess with Dare they have all the repro, although it would presumably require deals with and sharing money with the Dan Dare Corp.

Jade Falcon

They've reprinted far worse things in this so called Ultimate Collection, Mercy Heights for one
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Le Fink

I'm working through the big hardback 2000ad Dan Dare volumes at the moment, while listening to the early Space Spinner podcasts. When GFD and Gibbons take over I find it's actually... not bad! Or "not complete crap" per Space Spinner. But yeah the first couple of series are poor. It's still fun reading then listening to the podcast.

Returning to the subject though, I'd rather see the more recent stuff collected too. Chimpsky would be good!

castle4

Just sat in my living room and heard a noise in the porch, and as I approached saw in slow motion my latest Hatchette delivery drop 2 feet from the letterbox to the laminate floor. Considering how wet and weak the cardboard was, genuinely surprised my books weren't damaged. Issue 163 Scarlet Traces vol 1) and 164 (Proteus Vex) are out in the wild.

IndigoPrime

It'll be interesting to hear what they contain. Is Scarlet Traces War of the Worlds and Scarlet Traces, or does it omit the former? And how does Proteus Vex compare to the trade (which compiled Another Dawn)?

Mind you, since Vex is an ongoing, and I ideally like keeping formats relatively consistent, I think I might wait for more paperbacks there anyway.

Jade Falcon

I'm losing enthusiasm for the collection, I would have cancelled if it wasn't so close to the end.  The thing is, there are so many I have that I probably won't read again and I'm wondering whether to sell them or hang onto them.  The completionist in me says keep, but the practical, money short side of me says sell what I don't want.  The thing is, what I'd get probably isn't worth it...not unless I charge Oxfam prices which are silly :)
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

Depends. Some volumes already go for silly money. Others might sell in runs (such as complete Nikolai Dante). That said, my experience with partworks is it's tricky to get back what you paid (unlike with eg deluxe edition Image books, say).

leethomson

The completest in me feels your pain. I'm also looking forward to things ending. I've got no complaint with the quality of this most recent extension (for the most part), the problem is that I already have a lot of the newest stuff in trades which kills some of the enthusiasm. At least my brother benefits from the hand me downs!

Jade Falcon

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 November, 2023, 10:26:46 PMDepends. Some volumes already go for silly money. Others might sell in runs (such as complete Nikolai Dante). That said, my experience with partworks is it's tricky to get back what you paid (unlike with eg deluxe edition Image books, say).

Strangely enough the Nikolai Dante run is one I wouldn't give up, I had never read a piece of it till the collection.  Slaine, I couldn't really care about and there were some parts that were one or two books I wasn't mad about like Mercy Heights.

moly

Nick Percival has posted that Dark Judges: Deliverance & Death Metal Planet will be released in the collection