Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

In case people were in any doubt, I just received the following message:

QuoteYes, unfortunately the 2000AD collection is excluded from the January sale I'm afraid.

Le Fink

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMI personally think we'll get some more sin dex volumes to take us to the end of bulletopia at least.
Sounds good

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMevery extension has to have at least one chunk of pat mills so its gotta be either mach 1 or sigh american reaper
There's still some Savage and Defoe and ABC warriors, I think, I'd be happy with those

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMas much as i hate it skip tracer seems more likely now
Maybe it'll read better collected???  :D

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMthe pedant in me wants canon fodder and tharg the mighty though i know no one else does xd
Fine by me, maybe Future Shocks and 3thrillers with the Tharg?

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMmaybe feral and foe?
Big yes from me

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PManything else?
Older thrills: Ant wars? Machs 1 and 0? Wolfie Smith? Disaster 1999?
Newer: Brink, Deadworld, Dredd, Helium, the Out, Devlin?

rogue69

Quote from: The Monarch on 21 January, 2024, 07:44:41 PMevery extension has to have at least one chunk of pat mills so its gotta be either mach 1 or sigh american reaper

Don't think we'll get American Reaper as the story rights are owned by Clint & Pat

Lawman of the Present

Since Rebellion appears to have cancelled the 5th Regened trade, perhaps a Cadet Dredd UC volume with all stories so far would make a good edition for completionists? The ones I've read were decent. Always nice to see Joe and Rico's early days.

karlos

I can't believe The Black Hole is out of print - hopefully, it'll be part of the new Nemesis HCs

IndigoPrime

I can't imagine it would be, given that it's not a Nemesis story.

karlos

I totally see what you mean, IP, but as it's linked to Nemesis I thought it might be.

Wishful thinking!

(I'll settle for a Mek Files vol 1 reprint!)

IndigoPrime

I just saw how much that goes for now. Blimey. Took me forever to shift mine on eBay for 15 quid at the time...

karlos

AdamStrange

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 January, 2024, 09:27:01 AMIn case people were in any doubt, I just received the following message:

QuoteYes, unfortunately the 2000AD collection is excluded from the January sale I'm afraid.

That's a pity, but thanks for confirming

Shakira? Shakara!

Didn't realise The Mek Files were all Out of Print and going for silly money now.

Bit the bullet and picked up the final 2 ABC Warriors Hachette Volumes on Ebay. Made an offer on both which was accepted with no hassles, so all good there. So I just need a Mek Files 5 (unlikely) or a cheapish #63 / Volume 28 (slightly less unlikely) to have the series in full.

Volume 113 just turned up. Read the interviews at the end. Some interesting stuff from Clint Langley and Pat Mills, but, like Matt Smith, I've no idea what Pat is talking about saying some of his final strips for 2000ad had poor artwork commissioned for them. Again, like Matt, I always got the impression Pat had final say on who illustrated his stuff. Especially after David Bishop's stint as Tharg where he ended up with an artist on Slaine that he didn't think was the right fit and vowed to stand his ground in future.

Blue Cactus

Quote from: karlos on 22 January, 2024, 03:56:27 PMI totally see what you mean, IP, but as it's linked to Nemesis I thought it might be.

Wishful thinking!

I'd love this to be included to along with the Flint Deadlock story, but I just don't think it'll happen. Not even sure if Nemesis and Deadlock will be included but I'd rather have The Black Hole!

karlos

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 23 January, 2024, 05:35:36 PM
Quote from: karlos on 22 January, 2024, 03:56:27 PMI totally see what you mean, IP, but as it's linked to Nemesis I thought it might be.

Wishful thinking!

I'd love this to be included to along with the Flint Deadlock story, but I just don't think it'll happen. Not even sure if Nemesis and Deadlock will be included but I'd rather have The Black Hole!

I'm hoping for all those - especially both The Black Hole and the Deadlock epilogue - fingers crossed, Blue Cactus!

AdamStrange

Do you think there's any chance the three Stainless Steel Rat stories will be collected as one of the Hachette volumes, or is there an issue with copyright for those?

IndigoPrime

I vaguely recall Rebellion saying it would have to relicense for another reprint.