2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

I really hope you're right Jimbo.

Tomwe

Asked some Qs:
QuoteTOM
Hello all, I wanted to ask whether we will still see the extension to this collection? The news was there would be 110 issues - 30 past the original 80. Is that still the case? And if so, could you say whether we will see any more Judge Dredd books in that 30? Or the series called Firekind? A favourite! Thank you.
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Hi Tom. Thank you for your message. Yes the extension for this collection is still going ahead to a total of 110 books. Unfortunately I have not been informed what series will be in this extension. Apologies for the inconvenience. - Ross

Rately

Quote from: Tomwe on 20 April, 2020, 01:51:47 PM
Asked some Qs:
QuoteTOM
Hello all, I wanted to ask whether we will still see the extension to this collection? The news was there would be 110 issues - 30 past the original 80. Is that still the case? And if so, could you say whether we will see any more Judge Dredd books in that 30? Or the series called Firekind? A favourite! Thank you.
Quote2000 AD: The Ultimate Collection
Hi Tom. Thank you for your message. Yes the extension for this collection is still going ahead to a total of 110 books. Unfortunately I have not been informed what series will be in this extension. Apologies for the inconvenience. - Ross

Nice to know that the extension is still on!

Mind you, the suspense of what will be included in it is killing me!

IndigoPrime

Good to know it's going ahead. Anyone know the best way to bribe Matt Smith into including Firekind/Leatherjack?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 April, 2020, 03:09:22 PM
Good to know it's going ahead. Anyone know the best way to bribe Matt Smith into including Firekind/Leatherjack?

That would make an astonishing good collection.

How about a horror one with Cradlegrave and Chiaroscuro in it - space for others I'm sure, maybe Stone Island (see note about reading it now), or has Leviathon been include up to now? - I only say that as I'm reading Chiaroscuro now and its great!

sintec

Excellent news - looking forwards to discovering some new worlds filled with ThrillPower.  Hopefully we'll get the rest of Stickleback.

karlos

If it turns out Firekind/Leatherjack aren't included in the extension, I suggest we all crowdfund a nice custom hb copy just for IndigoPrime!

IndigoPrime

Hah! Honestly, I'd find it truly baffling if we get another 30 books and the strip — an objective highlight from 2000 AD's history — is omitted. I get that John Smith and 2000 AD are hardly best buds these days, but his influence on the Prog is solid, and many of his strips are great. He's so far been more or less whitewashed from this collection. (Indigo Prime is also conspicuously absent, although if you rolled in Dead Eyes, you'd need two volumes to compile the lot.)

As for custom HB, I'd be half tempted to get my Extreme Edition bound if the page layouts work out. (Not sure if they do.)

Jade Falcon

I'd really like an idea as to what might be in the extension as I'm now down to £75 a week, so every penny is getting critical.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

leethomson

Hopefully the inclusion of Cinnabar has opened to the doors to more Smith. I would be dismayed not to get a bona fide classic like Firekind in the extension, and Killing Time would not go amiss either.

A bound copy of the Firekind and Revere Extremes isn't a bad idea, but still seems a bit slim to justify the expense. A good chunk of The Dead Extreme Edition was Tyranny Rex though, and Slaughterbowl was in the same format...

Jade Falcon

I can't see any of the Future Sports stuff like Harlem Heroes/Inferno or Mean Arena was it? Mean Streets? I've got the phone book of the first and I don't think the latter went down too well.

Perhaps Jaegir and the 86ers would make a good combi 'World of Rogue' volume while leaving out the naff Hitman stuff.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

IndigoPrime

It wouldn't surprise me if Harlem Heroes made the cut; the repro's been done, after all. I'd be perfectly happy if it didn't, mind.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 21 April, 2020, 04:56:50 PM
Perhaps Jaegir and the 86ers would make a good combi 'World of Rogue' volume while leaving out the naff Hitman stuff.

There's enough Jaegir now for a trade all its own, and to be honest I'd rather have that! 86ers very quickly petered out, I thought - the fact that Gordon Rennie never bothered to come back to finish it speaks volumes!
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 April, 2020, 01:04:57 PM
Hah! Honestly, I'd find it truly baffling if we get another 30 books and the strip — an objective highlight from 2000 AD's history — is omitted. I get that John Smith and 2000 AD are hardly best buds these days, but his influence on the Prog is solid, and many of his strips are great. He's so far been more or less whitewashed from this collection. (Indigo Prime is also conspicuously absent, although if you rolled in Dead Eyes, you'd need two volumes to compile the lot.)

As for custom HB, I'd be half tempted to get my Extreme Edition bound if the page layouts work out. (Not sure if they do.)

John was well represented in the Dredd collection, so it does seem odd he's been given short shrift in the initial run here. In addition to the series Indigo's been championing, Killing Time, Revere and Cradlegrave are must-inclusions in the extension, surely.

IndigoPrime

Cradlegrave was properly horrible. Hard to know what that kind of twisted contemporary horror would sit well alongside. Revere also would be an odd one to pair something with. Intriguingly, Firekind + Cradlegrave + Revere = 260 pages of strip. On the thick side for these books (and especially the 2000 AD ones), but still — as I understand it — within the page limits. John Smith special FTW.