Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cropsy13

Think Mambo will make an appearance in the collection.

I've not read anything of her and she looks pretty cool, Mainly from this ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYUC79D6piw

Bad Andy

Mambo - good character design but I remember absolutely nothing about the story

The Monarch

it is coming up in space spinner 2000 soon maybe that'll spark memories of it from me?

Dark Jimbo

Mambo's kind of cool, actually - lots of weird John Smithesque body horror in a cyberpunk setting. Definitely worth a reappraisal. I'd be amazed if we saw it in the UC, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Huh. In hindsight, Al's Baby is an obvious one. Although I also thought that was creator-owned? I have no interest in Middenface (and did anyone guess this would be a thing?), but imagine that'll make some folks very happy.

The Monarch

it makes me very happy and i am sure it'll make the bish-op droid very happy too hes wanted the original vol 1 middenface strip back in print for ages

Leigh S

Dont know about Bish-Op, but Young Middenface makes this Squaxx very happy.  I;d kind of completely forgot about it in my waiting for the final DogS collection to get here!

I'm assuming this means every bit of Stront is now in hardback (I know if I look there will be an obscure annual story or such missing, but hey!)

IndigoPrime

Has new Durham Red (divisive as I know it is) been in the UC?

Leigh S

I don't recall, but could be wrong, given I dont consider it the same character so am not fussed if it doesnt make it into HB - sure I would have had a moments pause to consider if I should though, especially of the apocrypha stories had made it (at least one Carlos drawn tale there!)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Leigh S on 14 December, 2022, 01:05:54 PM
Dont know about Bish-Op, but Young Middenface makes this Squaxx very happy.  I;d kind of completely forgot about it in my waiting for the final DogS collection to get here!

I'm assuming this means every bit of Stront is now in hardback (I know if I look there will be an obscure annual story or such missing, but hey!)

The Stront Annual stories are mostly awful, so that's no loss! We got The Beast of Milton Keynes, that's what matters. A Sorry Case is still missing, but I think that's it.

It is amazing to have such a comprehensive hardback library of Stront - the original run, the untold tales, the resurrection, all of Strontium Dogs, Middenface Mcnulty and the Abnett/ Harrison Durham Red? And for only £10 a book? Who'd have ever thought it?
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

yup a sorry case is still missing which is why i think we'll get an odds and ends stront book with it and the starlord stuff in it

Leigh S

Sorry Case  or Sad Case?

First is Colin MacNeil 4 parter, second is end of year special flshback with Kid Knee

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Ouch! thats a weird one to miss out.  I recall The Sad Case got missed in the Agency Files, so presumed it might ahve been an error copied forward