Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Is Mazeworld a 'gamebook', I remember a lot of publications attempting them in the midst of the CYOA/Fighting Fantasy craze including the Starblazer digest books (not related to the anime) that were incidentally not a success.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 15 December, 2022, 05:10:01 PM
Is Mazeworld a 'gamebook', I remember a lot of publications attempting them in the midst of the CYOA/Fighting Fantasy craze including the Starblazer digest books (not related to the anime) that were incidentally not a success.

No. It's a 3 part fantasy/adventure story from Alan Grant with Arthur Ranson on art duties http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=adamc

Tomwe

I expect whatever Dredd book was coming was fixed for 140, and they have now moved it. This happened with the extension of the Transformers collection: when they learnt it was extended they adjusted the last of the original 80 volumes.

The Monarch

I am not so sure about that. I think the whole one dredd book thing was something we just thought was going to happen. if you look at the series in the extension they are all listed next to each other if they are part of a series and middenface is right next to the strontium dogs series

paulbyrnewex

Regarding Dredd taken from the Facebook page

"We can confirm we have several Dredd titles planned in this extension, with Dredd & Anderson coming in the near future. This is the only title we can confirm at the moment though. The rest are not guaranteed and subject to change, so please bear this in mind."

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 16 December, 2022, 12:59:41 PM
I think the whole one dredd book thing was something we just thought was going to happen.

No, it was 'confirmed' on Facebook long ago that a Dredd book was planned, and as more and more books were released a process of elimination suggested it had to be book 117.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

Quote from: sintec on 15 December, 2022, 05:47:12 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 15 December, 2022, 05:10:01 PM

No. It's a 3 part fantasy/adventure story from Alan Grant with Arthur Ranson on art duties http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=adamc

Gotcha, it sounds like a prime title for a gamebook series. Perhaps IPC or DC Thomson did attempt one.

Ah, I may have been thinking of Dice Man
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 16 December, 2022, 01:10:00 PM
Regarding Dredd taken from the Facebook page

"We can confirm we have several Dredd titles planned in this extension, with Dredd & Anderson coming in the near future. This is the only title we can confirm at the moment though. The rest are not guaranteed and subject to change, so please bear this in mind."

Several Dredd titles planned with the first being Dredd & Anderson. Think Indigo might be right with his guess of movie Dredd.

Max Headroom

A couple of books with all the Movie Dredd would be very welcome!

rogue69

Quote from: Max Headroom on 16 December, 2022, 06:54:28 PM
A couple of books with all the Movie Dredd would be very welcome!
What even the 1995 movie with artwork by Carlos

Hackenbush

What even the 1995 movie with artwork by Carlos
[/quote]

Any excuse to include some Carlos artwork should be taken.
Given we are getting some creator owned stuff, the Armageddon strip by Alan Grant and Carlos would be a welcome addition to fill out any slim volume...

Even Bob the Galactic Bum could fit in somewhere due to it's megazine reprint ...

Richard

The movie adaptation is not exactly Carlos's best work though. I'm sure there's better stuff to choose from.

Bad Andy

You do get to see what he thinks Dredd would look like though, as he has to draw him without the helmet.

Didn't it suffer from being in that digital transition period?

rogue69

You do it's Stallone but with the Dredd chin

Bad Andy

I dunno. Do we think this looks like Stallone (top right)?